Fleetwood,

 Yes, the last Ketu period for the US chart was in 1845 to 1852.   This was at
the time of the Mexican-American War.  Please, see this history timeline:

 http://www.animatedatlas.com/timeline.html
http://www.animatedatlas.com/timeline.html

 The next Ketu period will start in 2065.  This should be an interesting future
of the US to speculate about.  I would guess American history would somewhat
repeat itself.  Would the US colonize the Moon or Mars?  Would the SETI program
receive ET signals from a nearby star system at that time?

 hey, John, have there been any more of them Ketu periods for the US, since
then ('65 to '72), or scheduled for the future?

 Share,

 The hippie movement was a cultural transformation for the American people,
which included the assimilation of spiritual ideas from other cultures,
particularly those from India.  It was at this time that MMY and Srila
Prabhupada became popular here.

 But it also included the acceptance of liberal sex attitudes, drugs,
psychedelic music, and rebellion against the war in Vietnam.

 In the US natal chart, the country was running the period of Ketu, which is
the significator of spirituality, from 1965 to 1972.

 In the summer of 1969, which was height of the hippie movement, a friend and I
attended rallies at the Golden Gate Park to hear speakers like Timothy Leary,
Allen Ginsberg, and others, and listen to free music concerts.

 In contrast, as I recall, it was the time when the movie, "The Graduate", was
playing.  'Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio...?'  This part of the song was
actually funny then, since I worked at the parking lot of Joe DiMaggio's
Restaurant at the Fisherman's Wharf.  He spoke to me, at least once, when I was
there.

 John, I would posit that the hippie movement was a spiritual one in some ways,
which included looking for inspiration but not from traditional religions.

 On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:49 AM, "jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife]"