self-reflection would be very helpful, for either of you.

 From: "curtisdeltablues@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 "An enthusiastic response" from me? Nope, just stay far enough away from me,
to keep your bleeding heart from ruining my shirt.

C:Your framing compassion for people suffering from a disease they did not
choose and speaking out against your callus post as a "bleeding heart" makes my
point perfectly.

 Especially coming from one of the "Maharishi enlightened."

This exchange illustrates my basic thesis on this forum. It REALLY DOESN'T
MATTER what one *says* about people one doesn't like on FFL. All that matters
is what the persons saying it do in their posts, as often-unintended
"accessories" to what they say.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Sorry dude, this distraction thing doesn't work for many of us any more.

 Maharishi has been dead a looooong time now. You apparently have only
witnessed for about two weeks, out of your whole life. I, and countless others,
do it 24x7, and have now, for years and years - it is an established way of
functioning.  We don't endlessly bitch and whine about this teacher, or that,
because we are enjoying a full spiritual life.

 You, on the other hand, with your Two Weeks Of Witnessing Lifetime Achievement
Award, wring your hands and raise the alarm continuously, about a teacher who
passed away many years ago, to distract yourself from your weak and shallow
spiritual life. TWO weeks witnessing, total, total? I wouldn't even admit that,
if I were you.

C: Spiritual oneupmanship based on a self-reported state of mind...

This connects back to the poster who said that I must never have transcended
because if I had, I would have come to the same conclusions Maharishi did about
the meaning of such experiences.

It brings up an overarching problem with these self reported experiences and
the language we use to describe them. Upon some reflection I see that that
poster had a perfect right to challenge my self reported experience. Given my
exposure to the organization and its programs designed to give such
experiences, it would be sort of an indictment of the effectiveness of those
programs or Maharishi's ability to certify people to represent his programs.
But at its epistemological basis his POV was as valid as my own from one point
of view. When we use the kind of words we have to in describing these
experiences it is really all too vague to make any determination at all about
what is going on inside another person.

Unfortunately it also means that you are unlikely to get the traction you seek
from this kind of "I experience whatever and you don't" putdown.

Aside from my interest in the knowledge issues with self reported states of
mind, I was prompted to respond to you post Jim because of what you said about
cancer.

Jim: "Once you know yourself, not just intellectually, but in every way
possible, unbounded awareness, cancer cannot get a foot hold. Cancer is usually
an emotional disease, although it eventually manifests physically. Any
repressed block of emotion can solidify into a cancer."

C: Do you realized that your misplaced confidence in your subjectively
determined opinion about cancer (which is not supported by those whose job it
is to actually study cancer) carries within it a nasty bit of victimizing the
victim. You are essentially blaming people who die of cancer for their
"repressed block of emotion" somehow 'solidifying" into cancer as well as their
lack of knowing themselves in "every possible way."

You are not the only one with this New Age belief about cancer. It is a popular
idea among the crystals and Bach "remedy" crowd.

I disagree with this POV and the confidence with which you posted it as a fact.
I believe that this POV expressed by yourself and others causes much
unnecessary pain for people going through cancer treatment and their families.
I have had a few friends die of one of the forms of this disease before their
time and I can tell you for a fact this kind of nonsense is a torment to them
as they try to figure out if they are doing something wrong that is causing
their fatal disease of causing the to (in another unfortunate metaphor) "lose
their battle" with cancer.

Humans don't understand all the factors that lead to many of the forms of
cancer, but they do for some. We have made tremendous strides in treating those
that we do understand and for some that are genetically based we have a
direction for further research. There is no proven link between anyone's
internal state of mind and their cancer. ( I know this will be met with the
objection that your are talking about some inner quality that only people with
your special state of mind can know about and scientists just don't know about
it yet...uh huh...

I think your POV victimizes the victim and makes it appear that they have
failed in their spiritual quest in contrast to you who have succeeded
(according to your own claims) and are therefore magically immune to cancer.
And judging how you wield your self proclaimed special state of mind as a
cudgel in putting others down here, I don't suspect you will be disturbed by
the perhaps unintended consequence of your POV. There is an invincible smugness
in your, I can't get cancer because of my spiritual attainments, that is
impervious to feedback.

I also predict that due to your non repressed block of emotions, I can expect
an enthusiastic response.

 From: "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
   Well, there's floating during TM-SIdhis pracice, and then there's floating
during daily activity. Allegedly someone fully in Unity could perform any and
all TM-SIdhis at any time, in any circumstance.

And you believe this why?

 But of course, MMY never demonstrated floating in public that I have heard of
and never said that he had floated, only that he could if he wanted to.

 Oh, my bad. You believe it because some guy who could never demonstrate it
said it. :-)

Just as an additional point, haven't you seen the reports that many of these
statements about immortality were spoken by a guy on videotapes that were
filmed in the last few years of his life as he was lying prone on his bed,
using a special (and rather deceptive) apparatus that made it appear as if he
was sitting up. If you actually believe what he was purported to say about his
ability to levitate, why couldn't he have just levitated over to the lecture
hall and given these talks in person, and while actually sitting up? For that
matter, if you believe that he was actually able to levitate and that there is
some relationship between this and immortality, why did he die? We'll wait...