on 10/26/05 7:40 AM, markmeredith2002 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ringo - talk about someone with good karma.  Not only was he invited
> to join a band with 3 musical geniuses in it but was asked to join
> after they had already finished paying their dues.

But as a former drummer myself, I would say that Ringo was perfect for the
Beatles. He had impeccable timing. I heard there was once a contest in which
Ringo and several other drummers played along with a metronome and then kept
playing after the metronome stopped. Ringo stayed on the beat for about five
minutes but the other drummers quickly deviated from it. He was also very
understated, doing these tasteful little fills that really enhanced the song
without distracting in any way. Plus his charming personality fit right in
with the others. A match made in heaven.