Hey, I made it! We got power last night which was
quite a surprise. All I can say is that Wilma kicked
our ass...trees uprooted, broken and splintered,
devoid of all their leaves. All these power lines
down, no traffic lights (blown away!) Luckily our
house had no damage to the roof. The hurricane came
through around 6:00am on Monday. I tried going outside
around 9:00am and it was impossible to stand. I've
never experienced wind like that. ROARING, RIPPING,
Incredibly LOUD. You just look at it and say, "Holy
shit!!" And this was only a category 2 (sustained 100
mph winds). A category 5 (sustained 155 mph winds)
must be terrifying. Several times during high gusts
our house vibrated (two story stucco, cinder block)
Most of south Florida is without power and phone
service and it might take up to a month to get it all
back.

http://farechase.yahoo.com