 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Nice work if you can get it

Absolute genius. I can't decide if he's achieved a higher level of 'doing
nothing to accomplish more' (money in the bank) than say, those websites where
you give them your birth details and they respond by telling you how much money
to send to have the "necessary" yagya's done.

Human credulity and the need to feel loved, they must make a bottomless pit to
be trawled between them.

Skepchick | Gazing Balls: I’m looking at you Braco.

Gazing Balls: I’m looking at you Braco.
a.real.girl November 23, 2011

If you have never heard of Braco before, here’s the tl;dr on what he
is and isn’t:   Braco isn’t a healer, as his people tell you as much as
they can.  He’s not a public speaker, as in he does not speak, ever, in
public.  He’s not Yanni, although by the looks of him he plays Yanni on
tv.

He’s a gazer. No, really.  A gazer.  He … gazes. I swear I am not
making this up. People pay good money to have Braco … look in their
general direction.

Last week, he gazed at, or at least near, me.  At, or generally in
the vicinity of, the six in my party, the 200 other people in the big
tent, and all the gaze-ees who attended the 7 other sessions that day.
We all paid $8.00 to be looked at, which Braco did for 7.5 minutes total
during the one hour I was there.

Best. scam. evah.

I can’t tell you much about his eyes, but I have no doubt he’s got
stones the size of Magic 8 Balls to sell this newage tent show.  Again:
he promises nothing but gazing.

Here’s how it went down:

Jane came on stage dressed in flowy white clothes, and glasses, and
gave us the “medical disclaimers”  a) To be gazed upon you must be over
18 “for your own safety”; b) if you are a lady, you should not be more
than one trimester along in your pregnancy as the “gazing energy can be
powerful.”  [Note: Jane does not claim to be a medical professional.]

Then the practical disclaimers: a) any photos or notes about
things I might want in Braco’s gaze should be placed over my heart, and
no higher up for maximum effect; b) so as not to disrupt “energy”, all
cell phones and electrical devices must be turned off.  I had to resort
to writing notes on my hand! [Note: somehow, the electrical devices that
were the microphones and cameras of Braco's own crew did not disrupt
any "energy".]

Then Jane told us Braco wasn’t a healer, and it was good to be
skeptical about the impending event.  In fact, for 10 minutes she talked
about why I shouldn’t believe anything, and “skeptics and engineers”
who attend a gazing “almost always report feeling his gaze regardless.”

Then she showed us a video of a “skeptic” who attended the event
two days after he’d been diagnosed with “Agent Orange Cancer Virus” in
his stomach.  He didn’t feel anything at the gazing, thought it was all
bunk, and went home.  Amazingly, two days later he went to his doctor to
confirm by blood draw that he was cured!  [Note: … wot?]

After the non-energy-disruptive video presentation, Braco took the stage.

First thing he hit us with, I am not making this up,
was his very best Zoolander Blue Steel pose, complete with Drama
Prairie Dog revealing whirl! I couldn’t really see him, so instead I
looked at his promo material, on which he was gazing, so I thought it
was just as good.  I felt a little guilty, as his stare seemed to say
“Why’d you bogart the last Twinkie?”  When I looked up, he was
live-action gazing dolefully: “I mean, you even left just an empty box.
Harsh.”

As instructed, I was skeptical.  I mean, I couldn’t even see him if I
wasn’t on tippy toes, so I did not get much gazing, to be sure.  Jane
did assure me that his gaze would reach me, “just like sun beams still
reach your skin in the shade.”  [Note: wait, what?]

After about seven minutes, Braco left the stage with a flourish
of an invisible cape.  I am sad to report no audience member fainted,
spoke in tongues, or peed themselves. In fact, almost everyone seems
confused if it was over.

But then Jane re-emerged!  She told us we
might not feel anything at first, but the gazing had occurred, and we
should rest assured that we’d had a successful gazing.  In case we were
suspicious, she invited a confederate audience member at random to share his
experience.

This “random guy” told us this was his second gazing.  He went into
his first as a “skeptic” who drank five or six vodkas to get to sleep at
night, but “wasn’t an alcoholic because it wasn’t a problem.”

But after
the gazing, he switched to sleeping pills and wine, because he was
healed. He told us three times in a row “You people are the good
people.” [Note: Ah, fuck it.]

When Jane returned to take the microphone, my friend said “I hate Jane.  Hate.”

And after a quick pitch for the Bracoware for sale at the back of the
tent, we were released back into the wild.   We’d been told over and
over that all Braco did was gaze.  And, no question, that’s all he
did.

Yet, in the parking lot?  Much comparing of notes on how folks
were touched, healed, given peace, spontaneously cured, etc. My favorite
was a starry-eyed woman who said “This was wonderful.  I’ve never felt
anything like it.  I didn’t feel anything at all when it was happening.”

I am baffled and amazed by the human desire to fit in.
And I’m out eight bucks.

http://skepchick.org/2011/11/gazing-balls-im-looking-at-you-braco/