 I agree. Even worse Barry equates his denial, with non-attachment, and thus
convinces himself of his spiritual progress. However, he is making it
increasingly clear, on here, by his overheated attempts at retribution, that he
is fiercely attached to "getting even", which is the polar opposite of letting
go.

 He is kind of fascinating to watch, as an object lesson in ego-blindness. A
very fragile, and unstable  personality, that one.

 The fact that most here have bawee figured out will not make a difference to
him. He has only one strategy and as pitiful and pathetic as it is we must
accept him for the fact he can't seem to do more than this. It's like a guy who
possesses one golf club in his golf bag and it is a 9 iron. Leaving the tee on
a 450 yard hole is just not gonna get him to the green in less than 9 strokes.
The least we could do is walk slowly to let him catch up as he duffs his way
down the fairway. God only knows how he's gonna be able to putt with that thing.

 I don't think Barry is even aware of it when his buttons have been pushed.
It's a kind of denial. Just in general, Barry is seriously deficient in
self-knowledge; he can't see his own patterns that are so obvious to the rest
of us.

 I just find it odd, that Barry seems to feel he has monopoly on this button
pushing thing.  I guess you can define "having your buttons pushed", in number
of different ways.

 A person says something you disagree with, and you respond.  Did you just get
your buttons pushed?

 Somebody says something in a way that denigrates you, (or someone else), which
could have been said in much less confrontational way, and you object to it.
Did you just get your buttons pushed?

 You are a thinking, feeling human being, and someone says something
insensitive, or designed to insult you, and you have a reaction, if only for a
moment.  Did you just get your buttons pushed?

 I guess for Barry, it is a mark of distinction to claim, "I never get my
buttons pushed"

 Or how 'bout. "I ain't got no stinkin buttons to be pushed"

 Ooooookaaaaaay.

    • Re: [Fairf... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife]... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]