 From: "fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

   We discuss enlightenment here from time to time. Some here get confused
about what enlightenment is. It is simply the ability to operate as a human
being, with a considerable grace and integration with the universe, itself.
This grace and integration is evident in how life progresses, and through one's
personal experience, and personal success.

 Sometimes, a person who is not enlightened, will see enlightenment as a direct
challenge to the ego, the voice inside us, that insists on how the world should
be. This happens because enlightenment comes about gradually, so that at first,
the experience comes and goes. There are times when we are "in the zone", and
life becomes so effortless, it is as if we are watching it, or witnessing, as
life almost lives itself, without any doing by us. Those seekers who have
experienced witnessing, or being "in the zone", but then it faded away, may see
enlightenment as a choice, an option - as if it is a drug that they choose to
take, or not.

 But, as we know, enlightenment is not a patchy, or temporary state, and
certainly not a drug. Integration and attunement with the universe, grows and
deepens, first becoming permanent, and then deepening. It may be seen as an
option for the ignorant, because of their singular familiarity with waking
state, though it cannot be stated strongly enough, that enlightenment isn't
like a fantasy in waking state, it is far more, basically giving us the ability
to fulfill every desire. Every one.

 That is a huge contrast to waking state life, with its disappointments, and
permanent concessions. But the seeker doesn't know that, until the goal is
reached. Until then, the ego will do an excellent job of convincing the seeker,
that  even if enlightenment exists, it is no better, or worse, than the waking
state.

 Meanwhile, the person on this forum who has presented himself as being better
than other people (because of his supposed enlightenment) more often than any
other poster in FFL history continues to preach that message of elitism to
other wannabe elitists, while referring to the people he's preaching to as
"ignorant." That's some preaching style. :-)

 *Of course* the Jim-bot believes being enlightened is being better than those
who aren't. If he didn't believe that, he'd have to accept that he's Just
Another Ordinary Human Being, not special in any way. Can't have that.  :-)

 On another level, the person who claims that he has "the ability to fulfill
every desire" sure does seem to get his panties in a bunch a lot when someone
posts something he doesn't agree with. What's up with that? What desire of his
is not being fulfilled to make him so reactive?  :-)

Yep, this is what I predicted, from you, in my last post to Judy, Barry. Using
me as the reason you have decided enlightenment is simply an ego trip for its
proponents. Go back and read the post - got your number, kiddo.

 Also, this nit-picking you do, re-interpreting my language, is a clear
indication of your unease, every time I bring up the subject of enlightenment -
it is called, creating a diversion.

 Last, it is no business of yours why I react forcefully to some things said,
here, by you. I certainly have that right, enlightened, or not. Be careful of
your ego, Barry - It keeps you small, while making you look like a King in the
mirror.