Yup, like in the recent thread here categorizing the BATGAP.COM spiritually
awakened interviewees around describing a range in typology of mystical
illumination. Those interviews then come as another good place for the
Cartesian graph as help in getting a handle on de-mystifying the spiritual in
the discussion. Charting using the Cartesian axis can become a great aid. With
enough data-points one then could even start to do a calculus looking at
relative rates of spiritual-change in individuals or groups in time.

 I find that I place them all by typology in to a scaled Cartesian coordinate
graph with abiding-awakening running from the awakened-quietist up to
awakened-pietist on the vertical axis as type by transformation, and then on
the horizontal axis, the modality and/or a scale of organization or satsang
around them. -Buck

 386298Re: [FairfieldLife] Graphing the Illumined Batgap interviewees by types

 Last year I was at a conference and one paper that I thought really stood out
for our purposes here was a completely objective paper on altruistic
communalism which had absolutely no consideration of spirituality. The paper
only considered relative organization and the value of doing or being in groups
to people. In the end of the session it opened for questions. I had sat next to
a white board listening to the paper so as a prelude to asking a question I
quick drew on the white board an x-y axis and labeled the vertical as relative
spiritual evolution from a low of narcissism to a high of illumination. On the
horizontal axis using the paper's terms I put the relative altruistic
evolutionary structure of organizations. And then made my point that his was a
great analysis of altruistic aspect of organizations but by example I come from
a community where we also look at it a little differently to include the
spiritual component in communal groupings as a variable. The reaction in the
group listening ranged from appreciation to the quite explosive, “you can't
evaluate people that way!”. The most supportive came from a professor who while
teaching full time at a university here in the US goes annually to India to
study communal ashram living. That guy quoted and cited scholarship by example
as he spoke about what I was saying. They guy who authored and presented the
paper in that session in reaction acquiesced in the end by saying he did not
know about spirituality and that it was not his area. -Buck

 fleetwood_macncheese writes:
 A great start. I enjoy building models, too, mostly for business development
and planning, and find the greatest fun in identifying and quantifying all of
the different values, so that the model accurately represents real-world
conditions.

 Yep, thanks for noticing and appreciating this. I have been working at
developing this Cartesian graphing of mysticism as a thesis for a while as an
aid in helping those people who are reserved or even flat out skeptical about
spirituality to be better able to place mysticism and mystics within the
histories of different spiritual/religious movements.
 -Buck

 fleetwood_macncheese writes:

 "horsing around" - lol

 Yes, agreed.

 A very grounded approach to your reading methodology - I really loved reading
the description, and the way it was so cleanly put together - brilliant,
really. I am a total engineering freak, with a perennial billboard in my head,
reading, "How does it work?!" - for anything -- from personal interaction,
lasers, growth of consciousness, internal combustion engines, tides and surf,
microwave ovens, music, dog food bag fill machines, all of it.

 Buck writing:

 More inclusively, I feel we would be nothing here on FFL without some of the
lower scaled of illumination by example of some of these writers posting here.
Theirs is also an important dissonance to the higher plane of spiritual
discussion that can go on here. I always appreciate reading Turqb and that
ignorant guy from South Carolina that way too.

 I find in Parsing the different writers posting on FFL as a practicality
towards figuring out who to read and what to spend time on reading I tend to
use the tool of a paired Cartesian graph to place people on and then read
according to my time and interests as people are placed on the graph.

 For instance, on the vertical axis I quickly scale a writer based on their
posting history from a low of aggravated narcissistic disorderliness, to just
the generally narcissistic, to the middle ground of the ignorant and more
common psychology of the ordinary waking state, to the spiritually awakened or
illumined, to the more saintly in capacity of spiritual transformation. That is
on the vertical axis, low to high.

  On a horizontal I tend to then use a scale of relative altruistic communalism
of someone[someone's use of or participation in groups] from zero or
individualistic to large organizational participation. That sets people
relatively nicely apart in a useful way as to where they are coming from. It
provides an efficiency to sorting the list. There tend to be some people who I
read all the time and some who I do not read hardly at all. Parsing using this
tool becomes fun and useful for sussing writers out and placing them in to
pigeon holes.
 In Love,
 -Buck, out Standing in his Field

 horsing around today..
 https://sites.google.com/site/buckbrannamanhorseridingnotes/
https://sites.google.com/site/buckbrannamanhorseridingnotes/

 Fleetwood Writes:

 It has been rather fun, over the last couple of days, noticing that Barry
seized upon my request to go away, and having fun with him, since.
Unfortunately, at his expense. I say "unfortunately", because Barry does
something that many with a weak mind, indulge in.

 If Barry disagrees with someone, all logic flies out the window, and his
primary reaction, as someone attached to his actions (aka waking state), is
emotional. He repeats insults, cherry-picks ways to discredit, and now, as we
have humorously seen, even falls for my satire.

 Nothing in reserve. No data to back up anything, except the same crusty
anecdotes that he has been trotting out, for the past 20 years. He just barfs
it all out there, and thinks, "well I bloody well showed them!". As you can
see, with the emotionally charged, blunderbuss approach, he misses the target,
more often than not. So, having made himself look the fool, he then keeps
doubling down, looking more and more ridiculous.

 My playful request for him to, "Please, please, pretty please with sugar on
top, go away", is much more for his benefit, than mine. I'd personally like to
see him retain a shred of dignity, and take a few months off.

 Awoelflebater writes:

 The internet and TV are his life, Mac. He has nowhere else to go. Because his
life is a desert he must try and make sure everyone else suffers along with
him. Not that what he rants about, whether it be some insanely off-the-mark
theory about Judy and Robin's private life or your enlightenment, bears any
resemblance to truth or reality but he likes to believe it does. And it is
true, he needs to go away simply to save himself from himself but there is no
shred left of dignity or credibility for him here anyway at this point and
because he has no other life he will remain until this place is no more. His
exposure is complete. They is nothing else of bawee to know about. His crude
and telling remarks about Judy and Robin couldn't possibly have made anyone
reading them feel anything but embarrassed for bawee. He's pretty much a freak
show.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: B... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]