This is my experience with colloidal silver:

I have used it as an eye wash - works real well.

I had shingles about 3 years ago - lesions up and down one leg - every time
they started burning and itching, I sprayed colloidal silver on them (Source
Naturals brand) and within usually 2 minutes, all burning and itching would
stop. Really helped a LOT.

I had also used it previously to treat a candida problem I had and it
absolutely worked. At that time I was taking about I think 4 tablespoons a day
for about a month or maybe 6 weeks. I used a brand called Germ Slayer - the FDA
ran them out of business a few years ago. They were selling to a lot of people
who had Lyme disease. I talked with one or two who swore that a 3 or 4 month
regimen of colloidal silver cured them.

My cat that came to me as an ill kitten was losing fur on one paw - the vet
thought it was ringworm, but the test proved negative - when the vet had no
idea what was causing the hair loss, I began spraying the Source Naturals
colloidal silver on his paw three times a day - the hair loss stopped within a
day and after three days of treatment, the hair all grew back.

I find it interesting that while the regular medical community reviles and
ridicules the use of colloidal silver, claiming it has NO therapeutic effects
at all, even claiming that silver itself has no anti bacterial, fungal or viral
effect, major pharmaceutical companies make and market silver products to the
medical community.

They make dental silver nitrate compounds for treating mouth ulcers among other
things, wound dressings with silver and coat medical devices with it too.

http://www.mddionline.com/article/protecting-devices-silver-based-antimicrobials

   Protecting Devices with Silver-Based Antimicrobials | MD...
The current economic climate has forced hospitals to scrutinize their spending
in an effort to reduce costs and increase revenue. As a result, many hospitals
are fo...
View on www.mddionline.com Preview by Yahoo

"Among the silver-containing items exhibited at the APIC conference
were textile products such as operating gowns, mattress covers and bed
linens.

Wound-care products also make major use of antimicrobial silver. With respect
to wound dressings, studies have shown that dressings
containing silver increase the comfort level for burn patients by
minimizing adhesion between wound and dressing, thereby reducing pain
when changing dressings. Antimicrobial-silver sprays are also used to
protect surfaces likely to collect infectious organisms and silver-based
coatings are also increasingly used in medical devices such as
catheters and tubing to prevent surgical-site infections.

The antimicrobial effects of silver have been known since ancient times, but
only within the last five years has silver been used more
extensively to control healthcare-associated infections (HAIs). This has been
Prevention (CDC) and by legislative mandates forcing hospitals to
prevent the occurrence of HAIs."

That is from this article:
http://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/news/2011/07/infection-control-products-driving-the-use-of-silver.aspx

 Infection Control Products Driving the Use of Silver
Silver usage has grown exponentially in medicine and health-related products,
notes The Silver Institute, which has been tracking its increased usage.
View on www.infectioncontroltoday.com Preview by Yahoo

A Pharmacological and Toxicological Profile of Silver as an Antimicrobial Agent
in Medical Devices

   A Pharmacological and Toxicological Profile of Silver as...
Abstract Silver is used widely in wound dressings and medical devices as a
broad-spectrum antibiotic.
View on www.hindawi.com Preview by Yahoo