SHUDDUP ! ! !
I'm buying  my first friggin' house this week !
Stop freakin' me out !

OffWorld

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> * US median home prices fell 5.7 percent
> * Florida (Brevard County) housing prices dropped 9 % in Sept
> * 30-year fixed mortgage rates hit highest levels at 6.15%,
> * In Mass in Sept, the median price of a house dropped (4%)
> * Northern Nevada median price fell from $353,250 in Sept, down
from
> $360,000 in Aug.
> * San Diego Default Noticesup 39% (annual)
> * In Calif. from July-Sept default notices 3.5% increase
> * Southern Maine's red-hot real estate market is cooling off
> * Hong Kong housing market had a "real decrease" of 57% from 1997
> 2002.
> * UCLA's Dr. Thornberg: California Housing 35% overvalued
>
> ======================
>

>      Florida (Brevard County) housing prices dropped more than 9
> percent in September,
>
> Median home prices in Brevard County dropped more than 9 percent in
> September, leading to speculation in the industry that the once-hot
> real estate market is officially cooling.
>
> The median selling price for existing homes -- the point at which
half
> the homes sell for more, half for less -- fell to $225,300 in
> September, down from $248,700 a month earlier.
>
> It was the first monthly drop in median price since January.
>
> "The real estate market has dropped," said Betty McCluskey, owner
of
> McCluskey Realty Inc./GMAC Real Estate in Melbourne and
Suntree. "It
> has switched from a seller's market to a buyer's market. And it's
been
> very fast -- only in the last couple of months."
> http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20051026/BUSINESS/510260360/1003

>      US median home sales price fell 5.7 percent to $215,700.
>
> While sales rose, the supply of homes available for sale shot up
to a
> record 493,000 at the end of September, surpassing August's high of
> 478,000. At September's sales pace, that represented a 4.9 months'
supply.

> The median home sales price fell 5.7 percent to $215,700.
>
> Low mortgage rates have sustained a years-long rally in the U.S.
> housing sector, but recent data have begun to suggest some cooling
in
> the market. Earlier this week, a trade group said home resales
came in
> flat in September but would have been lower if not for aggressive
> buying around hurricane-impacted areas.
> http://nalert.blogspot.com/2005/10/median-home-sales-price-fell-
57.html

>      30-year fixed mortgage rates hit highest levels at 6.15%,
>
> Average fixed mortgage rates continue to hover at their highest
levels
> in more than year, with the 30-year this week hitting 6.15%,
Freddie
> Mac's latest survey showed Thursday.
>
> The 30-year rate has increased for seven weeks without pause, in
step
> with gains in U.S. Treasury yields as the bond market sees higher
> inflation risks only partly offset by the Federal Reserve's
> inclination to keep tightening interest rates to head off deep-
seeded
> inflation....
> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/archivedStory.asp?
archive=true&dist=ArchiveSplash&siteid=mktw&guid=%7BD257F06D%2D768D%
2D48E2%2D87C9%2D221343842092%7D&returnURL=%2Fnews%2Fstory%2Easp%
3Fguid%3D%7BD257F06D%2D768D%2D48E2%2D87C9%2D221343842092%7D%26siteid%
3Dmktw%26dist%3Dmorenews%26archive%3Dtrue%26param%3Darchive%26garden%
3D%26minisite%3D

>      In Massachusetts in September, the median price of a
> single-family house dropped (4%)
>
> The median price of a single-family house dropped for the first
time
> in seven months as the pace of home sales weakened across
> Massachusetts in September, according to the monthly market report
> yesterday from the Massachusetts Association of Realtors.
>
> The median selling price for a single-family house was $360,000 in
> September, down 4 percent from $375,000 in August. That was the
first
> monthly price drop since February, though prices were still higher
> than they were a year ago. The number of single-family home sales
that
> closed in September was 4,464, roughly equal to year-ago sales.

http://www.boston.com/realestate/articles/2005/10/26/mass_home_prices
_fall_in_september?mode=PF

> Northern Nevada median price fell from $353,250 in September, down
> from $360,000 in August.
>
> September might have given the first clue that the red-hot Northern
> Nevada residential real estate market is finally beginning to slow.
> The Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service monthly
report
> shows that the median price in Washoe County was $353,250 in
> September, down from $360,000 in August. It is the first time the
MLS
> showed a drop from month to month since August 2004.
> http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20051021/BIZ12/510210398/1083

>      In Calif. from July-September default notices 3.5% increased
from
> a year earlier.
>
> Mortgage defaults in California rose for the first time in more
than
> three years during the third quarter, as slower price gains and
> riskier loans gave struggling homeowners less margin for error,
data
> released Thursday showed.
>
> A separate report released Thursday showed other signs of a cooling
> housing market, as inventories of unsold new homes nationwide rose
> a record.
>
> During the July-September quarter, lenders sent default notices to
> 12,568 California homeowners, a 3.5% increase from a year earlier,
> according to DataQuick Information Systems, a La Jolla-based
research
> service.
>
> The last time default notices increased on a year-over-year basis
was
> during the first quarter of 2002.
>
> Default notices can be precursors to foreclosure, when homeowners
lose
> title to their homes because of missed or late payments.
>
> A rise in defaults and foreclosures could drive down home prices,
as
> properties sold because of foreclosures tend to be priced below
> prevailing market rates.
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-
default28oct28,1,7986216.story?coll=la-headlines-
business&ctrack=1&cset=true

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2005/10/30/southern_m
aines_red_hot_real_estate_market_is_cooling_off/

> "The Anatomy of a Housing Bubble" Grace Wong, a professor of real
> estate at Wharton, offers ways to spot future real estate bubbles
in
> time to introduce corrective measures before the damage takes its
> toll. Wong's research explores the Hong Kong housing market, which
saw
> a "real increase" in prices of 50% from 1995 to 1997, followed by a
> "real decrease" of 57% from 1997 to 2002. (Real increases and
> decreases refer to changes adjusted for inflation.) Transaction
> volumes, too, rose dramatically from 68,000 in 1995 to more than
> 172,000 in 1997, but fell to 85,000 the following year.
> http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/1194.cfm
>

>  UCLA's Dr. Thornberg: California Housing 35% overvalued
>
> The Economic Alliance for Business (EDAB) just released their
October
> 2005 East Bay Quarterly Forecast, authored by Christopher
Thornberg,
> Senior Economist for UCLA Anderson Forecast (thanks to Robert
Sakai).
> The report is fairly positive on the economy over the next few
> quarters, but is cautionary on real estate. Dr. Thornberg writes:
>
>     The good news is likely to continue for the next few quarters.
> Katrina and Rita may have monopolized the newspapers, but they will
> have little impact positive or negative on the California economy.
Gas