On 6/18/2014 2:03 PM, Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

You are down to one dog?  I thought you had two?

The point of sports is in the playing - not in the watching. It may be that both Barrys could use some sporting activity to get in shape. Go figure.

The World Cup as you well know is just another "bread and circuses" to take the publics mind off the real issues like unemployment (running rampant in Europe but a bit under reported in the US) and the resulting austerity. Plus the rise in food prices....

You might find it amusing that when Indian astrologer K.N. Rao made his first visit to the US in the summer of 1993 (or maybe it was 94) he lambasted US astrologers for having no interest in sports. I saw nothing wrong with not being interested in sports but then a lot of US jyotishis started paying attention to football, basketball and baseball (yawn).

On 06/18/2014 11:14 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
...I shall wander over to Bad Habits. I just came back from giving my dog a long walk, and I can already tell you without checking the Internet to find out the final score that the Netherlands just won its second game in the World Cup. There are fireworks everywhere. I can hear the crowd at Bad Habits singing and cheering from here, nearly half a kilometer away. I've just gotta go check out this scene, after having witnessed similar mayhem in Spain four years ago. Carry on.

I leave you for now with a meditation on the cosmic importance of the World Cup, as imagined by the only known Tibetan tulku who has become a filmmaker:

The Cup by Khyentse Norbu - Official Trailer <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgErhy2TLUw>

image <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgErhy2TLUw>

The Cup by Khyentse Norbu - Official Trailer <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgErhy2TLUw>

View on www.youtube.com <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgErhy2TLUw>