 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

   In fact, I think that the US TM organization has proven that it doesn't care
that much about money. $800,000 is chicken feed, and they've dropped teh price
on a semi-permanent basis, so obviously, money isn't as big a deal as you seem
to think.

 As long as they can make expenses and keep the TM teachers fed and sheltered,
the actual price that new meditators pay can drop pretty darned low.

 I know several people who get extra funding from the DLF to make TM
instruction affordable, and that was on top of whatever discount the TM center
could offer.

Lawson, you are either missing the point or attempting to distract from it. NOT
A PENNY of the money going to "subsidize" TM instruction comes from the TM
organization's assets. It is provided in the form of donations to the DLF or
from some program subsidized by individuals or some school system.

 Prove that. Also, if you weren't aware, it is common practice to keep a nice
amount of cash at hand, money you invest and never hope to have to touch in
order to run a business. Just because your company has cash and/or investment
holdings doesn't mean you should use it to run the company. You use the income
generated by the business to do that.

Maharishi's basic tenet is in place today, just as it was during his lifetime:
"We don't use *our* money to pay for ANYTHING...people have to pay US." That
has never changed. That will never change.

 You are the victim of rumour and have fallen for an idea you don't actually
know is true since you have been absent from the organization for about, what ,
three decades? Your statement might be true but you don't know that for sure
just as I'm not going to believe you just because you wrote it down here.

How does that constitute "money not being as big a deal as I seem to think?"
It's ALL about the money.

  • [FairfieldLife]... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • RE: [Fairf... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... nablusoss1008