 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:52 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Difference Between Transcendental Meditation and

   On certain measures, such as cortisol levels, that is almost certainly the
case.

 As always, the issues is between TM and other forms of meditation, not be
tween TM and sleep.

 Sleep is vital to your health.

 So is TM.

 The difference is that if you need sleep, you spontaneously fall asleep during
TM.

 You don't spontaneously start meditating during deep sleep if you missed your
TM session.

 Bhairitu, when I stopped smoking, having smoked a pack a day for about 8
years, I gained 30 pounds. Later learned that nicotine is a stimulent. AND,
that if a person quits, keeps diet and exercise the same, they will still gain
weight. Never thought of it as kapha pacifying!

 I do think that TM provides deep rest not provided by even deep sleep.

 On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:01 PM, "Bhairitu noozguru@... [FairfieldLife]"