Richard, I think it's the price we pay for being digitally connected to the
world. What you say reminds me of that movie Enemy of the State.
Enemy Of The State - Trailer - (1998) - HQ

Enemy Of The State - Trailer - (1998) - HQ
View on www.youtube.com Preview by Yahoo

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 12:50 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 7/3/2014 12:02 PM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
wrote:
> Richard, FB has ALWAYS seemed like one, big, fat spider web to me. So
> I'm saying "I told you so" and thanking our lucky stars for plain old
> emailing.

Probably the spy-ware is built-in to Yahoo! as well as Google, but I
haven't read about it being used to alter anything to try and influence
an election, although I wouldn't put it past them. If you're using
Microsoft Windows, you are probably already sending everything direct to
the NSA for scrutiny. Just as soon as you access the internet data
highway with your computer, security is out of the question.

Many people do not realize that a computer connected to the internet
reveals details about their personal life: who they are, where they
work, where they go, who they visit and their surfing habits. It's all
there - housed as digital information at a data center somewhere. All it
needs is to be extracted. There are no secrets anymore. It's almost
impossible to hide from the data collection even if you don't own a
computer of mobile phone.

'How to Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, and
Vanish without a Trace'
by Frank M. Ahearn
Lyons Press, 2010

            • ... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]