 From: "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:42 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: YAS: Meditating has instant effect on
reducing stress

   Mindfulness assumes that 'reality' is ever present at all levels rather than
something you have to hunt for or contact. In other words, it is based on the
end game of enlightenment. I believe Jim mentioned this was a cart before the
horse approach once. In some sense I think that is correct, but my observation
of those who practised mindfulness experience just as much or more unstressing
as TM meditators, and has just as deep insights into experience as TM
meditators. They did not seem however as blissful as TM meditators or made
mood-making attempts to pretendm everything was just fine, they did not have
the illusion that experience was always going to be just peachy, there are hard
knots to get out of the system and things one must face, and you might as well
get it over with as fast as possible.

 I actually find mindfulness meditation more effective now than TM, though that
was not always the case. TM seems pretty much at the end of the line for me,
but still is useful at times. I think this is a natural progression. However
with so many years practise, it is likely that TM still slides in from time to
time. I find mindfulness rather blissful these days, and TM often feels
'intrusive' because it requires more activity than mindfulness, if you want to
get the mantra going. In other words, TM has nothing to do, and mindfulness is
just that state of nothing to do. TM is better at 'controlling' a restless
mind. My mind is no longer restless, and so the TM advantage in this situation
is considerably diminished, like, to zero. So in this case mindfulness is
really no longer a technique at all, and TM is superfluous.

 mjackson74 responds: Beautifully expressed! Now let's see if the TM
aficionados will revile you for saying so.