--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Regarding the "no I" concept, if you have an interest to
understand
> > it better, there are some very articulate attempts to describe
this
> > experience, coming from people who had no predisposition to
expect
> > it, based on their own traditions. These have been mentioned
before
> > on FFL:
> >
> > Collision With the Infinite, by Suzanne Siegal
> > The Experience of No-Self, by Bernadette Roberts
> >
> ****
> I have read the book "The Experience of No-Self" by Bernadette
> Roberts. I could pretty well relate to her story and I liked the
book,
> although hers has not been my path. I have not felt a God inside nor
> outside at any phase of my life.
>
> My experiential reality is what Bernadette describes as No-Self. No
> God can be found inside. The felt sense of life is immediate and
> spontaneously flowing. The thing is done that appears in front of
me.
> There is no such "I" that would calculate how this doing would
improve
> my career or create a better picture of myself. There is no "I" that
> feels superior to others. I am the others is closer to truth. I feel
> strongly the energies of others in me and I'm intensely focused on
> working with those energies. The work is essential, not whose
energies
> they are. It doesn't bother me if I'm seen as ordinary and mediocre
> and imperfect. I also feel myself to be in many ways like that. How
> differ from others is mainly the lack of being in the need to be
seen
> as something special as an individual.
> What is different from Bernadette's experience is the strong sence
of
> "I" present. An "I" not as an image of oneself, rather an organizing
> "I" that observes and works with many kinds of energies.
>
> It could actually be helpful to hear how people who have these"No I"
> states like Peter and Akasha relate their reality to mine as I have
> described it above.
>
> Irmeli

One essential aspect of my felt reality I forgot to mention, which
clarifies this "No I" phenomenon to me also. I have an intense
awareness of the sensations of the body. I feel the body to be
vibrating intensely and a flow goes through it like a white hot light
cable. Practically all the emotions are felt more and more as
physical energy flows in the body. And that way the "I" does less and
less identify with emotions. I can work this way enjoyably with
intense fear, without actually being afraid. It is just an enjoyable
bodysensation. I feel thrilled when I can locate fear in my hands
etc.  I am a lot of occupied by sensing and feeling those
energyflows. The "I"  vanishes only for the short  and rare moments
I'm not sensing that intensely the body. At those moments there  can
be felt this unboundedness without a clear "I".
When I focus on stopping working with the energies, this oceanic
state of "no I" appears. But I very much prefer the energetic work
and therefore am very fast drawn back to it. It is like a mantra to
me. Immediately when I recognize the bodycontact has got weaker I
return back to it. I get very fast bored in the oceanic state.

People having a lot the "no I" awareness apparently appreciate it
much more than I do.

Irmeli