On 07/15/2014 08:46 AM, 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

On 7/14/2014 11:35 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

On 07/14/2014 07:23 PM, awoelflebater@... <mailto:awoelflebater@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
    <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

    On 07/14/2014 06:55 PM, awoelflebater@...
    <mailto:awoelflebater@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <emptybill@...>
        <mailto:emptybill@...> wrote :

        Oh yeah ...  endless repetition of bija-s - sometimes
        coordinated with the in-breath/out-breath or both together.
        That is what passes as "Tantric meditation".

        Nowadays, after MMY, all these Tantric gurus have been
        pushing "effortless" observation of the mantra as the
        meditator goes Japa Japa Japa.

         What deviant gomâya.

        I just love this exciting dueling of the meditation
        systems; leaves me adrenalized, breathless, fascinated.
        Monster trucks anyone?

        Especially when you have someone who really doesn't even
        know what TM is trying to play the game.  What next?

        Hold on, did you say Emily? It was Empty who wrote that
        other post.

    My bad, it was Empty.  But he should know better.

    I don't know what he knows exactly, better or otherwise. He
    spouts all sorts of emptiness about some book learning he's been
    engaged in for what must be eons but what good it has ever done
    for him is not evident from his posts. He appears bitter, jaded,
    sarcastic, cold and otherwise pretty miserable. Maybe he needs to
    go out and get his stagnant blood flowing, take a big whiff of
    something pungent or down a bottle of Gewurtztaminer. Who knows?

Maybe he wanted to be a scholar, but he found out that in order to be one, you need to know how to read and write and understand Tibetan. And, Sanskrit, Japanese, German, and Chinese. Once you've mastered those skills, you can read from some primary sources. It also helps if you take a History or World Civilization course at a community college. That would be a good start. It takes about six to eight years to earn a Ph.D. in Religious Studies at the Center for Asian studies at UT. Go figure.

What about experience? Why not experience the teaching rather than pontificate about what you've read about it? But yes the favorite pastime of many FFL'ers is "intellectual masturbation." :-D

But then FFL is beginning to sound less like a "Funny Farm Lounge" and more like a rest home for crotchety elderly baby boomers. Go figger.

        • Re... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]