I think that this letter from Farrokh is representative for most of
the Independent TM-Teachers when it says: "If we are teachers
of "supreme knowledge" with the gift to remove suffering, how much
greater is our sin if we fail to use our talent for the poor and
under-privileged and use it exclusively for the rich".
Most of my students cannot afford to pay $2.500, but need the
benefits of TM. Most of my students has first been in contact with
the TMO, and it seems that the TMO and the recert. TM-Teachers do
not appeal to them. It is too much pressure about money.
Ingegerd

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To the many who have expressed their support or concerns to us,
this is to
> clarify our position with the TMO.
>
> Dr Michael Dillbeck recently asked to have the TESP research so it
could be
> included in the current volume on Scientific Research on TM.  His
letter to
> us was forwarded to a mutual acquaintance, informing our friend
that this
> request from the TM movement certainly endorsed our position
because the TMO
> knew that we were not re-certified, not teaching in Stapathya Ved
premises,
> and not paying $2500 course fees for our probationers.
That "mutual
> acquaintance", a diehard movement person, forwarded the email on
to Michael
> who responded that his request for our research ought not to be
construed as
> endorsement of what we were doing with the TESP!  This ambiguous
and
> hypocritical situation has been maintained by the TMO for years
now - they
> take whatever good they can from TESP and at the same time deny we
are a
> bona fide organization "worthy" of being in the TMO.
>
> What has been our crime?  We refused to pay the $2500 course fee
for each
> probationer instructed.  For many years, our organization paid the
course
> fees to the TMO when the fees were still in the reasonable range.
We ran up
> our personal credit card to pay these fees. Then, when the fee was
> arbitrarily raised to $2500 and no concession was given to TESP to
teach
> probationers sentenced by the court, we stopped paying course
fees.  We were
> advised by a legal representative that we should change our name,
hence we
> say we teach Transcendental Stress Management.  The only
difference in what
> we teach now is that our course is long (not 7 steps) as we
provide a
> 20-lesson course for probationers.  Everything else is the same.
Many TM
> teachers have volunteered their services to teach probationers
with us over
> the years, and they can verify that we teach in precisely the same
way as
> all other teachers.  The change of name is to prevent a lawsuit
from the TMO
> and to prevent embarrassment to the judiciary in St Louis when the
press
> reveals the strange goings-on in the TMO e.g. rajas, bagpipes,
limos,
> million-dollar courses etc.  The judges cannot afford to be
embarrassed in
> this way.
>
> It should also be noted that in addition to the obvious service
the TESP is
> providing to the under-privileged (see the inspiring stories
carrier on our
> website at tesp.org), having 15 judges favoring the program we
teach here
> could have been so useful to the TMO if it were broad-
> minded enough to recognize that values are not necessarily only in
dollars
> and cents.  The New Jersey court cases 25 years ago clearly
established TM
> as unconstitutional and religious in nature.  The work of the TESP
with the
> judges here offers strong proof against the notion of TM being
religious.
> Based on the TESP work, the TMO could be assured of a success in
court if
> the matter were re-litigated.  This is what we have been advised
by some of
> the judges here.  So, in effect, we have given the movement
victory before
> even going to court - a matter that could have cost millions at
> re-litigation.
>
> Unfortunately, the movement places full emphasis on the money
aspect only,
> ignoring the big picture. The TESP is a non-profit 501 c 3
organization.
> The TMO could easily have made a special concession for us to
continue to
> teach TM with the goodwill of all.  Instead, they penalized us in
every way
> possible to conform to their unreasonable rules and requests.  The
result -
> we're not re-certified and have no intention of re-certifying.  We
stand
> alone and are grateful for the support of so many Governors,
Sidhas and