 Your mention of the Roy Rodgers chain. When they first emerged, in the late
70's, their burgers were far superior to McD's, but it sounds like they have
slipped. The worst chain I ever encountered was Wimpy, but probably because it
was in Hong Kong, and lord knows what they used for meat.

 When I moved to London in the late 60's there were Wimpy chains there too and
my God, they were vile. Then the first Hard Rock Cafe opened just on the
southeast side of Hyde Park and it was the place to be. All the coolest
Londoners hung out there, high as kites and bedecked in their Biba finery, but
for a seventh grader it was a cool as it could be. I still ate burgers then but
gave 'em up when I was 19. I've never looked back.

 When in the USA the worst fast-food I tried was the Roy Rogers chain. Yuk! I
liked the Wendy products but it never caught on here in the UK. I agree about
McD's though - pretty gross. Ditto Subway.  KFC was the first US chain that
opened restaurants in the UK (1960s) and are probably the best of the bunch. On
a documentary about the very first UK KFC one of the original staff mentioned
they tried to give away free samples to the public in the street and everyone
they approached ran away!

 I never liked McDonald's burgers for fast food.  They mix onions in the meat
probably so you can't tell it is cheap beef.  Jack in the Box does the same.
Wendy's and Burger King don't do this and I liked BK's broiled burgers.  But
that was years ago when I still ate beef.

 On 07/15/2014 06:45 PM, s3raphita@... mailto:s3raphita@... [FairfieldLife]