This group is rather "retro 80s". That intensity of rhythm wasn't around in the 60s but came about with disco. Not saying anything wrong with the group or their music just musing on (with many popular musical acts) little has changed. Funny thing about disco (and now "club music") was the 4/4 bass drum beat that reminded many a musician of their marching band days. :-D