On 7/29/2014 7:38 AM, fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

A cool experiment, though I find too much symmetry, in the design of the house shown, for my taste. Though I do like the central silent area of the building

We really like the idea of having a central silent area as a /zone of tranquility/, adapted for a Spanish style home. We are very fond of a house design that incorporates an inner courtyard garden like the adobe houses we saw down in Mexico. It's like bringing the outside into the inside. The house and inner courtyard doesn't have to very fancy - just simple daub and wattle with some Spanish tile and some banana plants and/or a sand garden with cactus or a wading pond.

We call it /Ec//ological Yaqui Vastu/.

We can't seem to find a place around here that could be remodeled inexpensively, so we have decided to build our own vastu home from the ground up. One decision we've already made is to build our structure on level land using an inexpensive pier and beam construction plan, and we have decided to use cedar posts for the supports, arranged in a logical series for easy maintenance over time.

/Examples of inner courtyard with Spanish tile and pool/:

http://www.vrbo.com/377297

, all vastu homes, that I have seen, are this sort of block-like shape - no sun room, or rec room, off to the side. Possibly a better idea for town and city, vs. rural living. It does have a spacious feel, but the mirror symmetry of many of the rooms and spaces, gets a little boring. I find it a solid, supportive, and pleasant space, just not as interesting as it could be, with some improvisation.

Proportions in Maharishi Vastu Architecture <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOTQxet5o4>

image <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOTQxet5o4>

Proportions in Maharishi Vastu Architecture <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOTQxet5o4> To learn more about building in tune with the Laws of Nature, please visit http://www.maharishivastu.org Proportion is a key to successful design in nature a...

View on www.youtube.com <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOTQxet5o4>

Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... nablusoss1008
      • [Fairf... nablusoss1008