I sort of get the feeling that you are describing your own beliefs more than
anything else.  I think most have a more balanced notion of how things will
play out, likely greater spirituality coexisting with greater societal
controls.

 You claim otherwise, but I think you still hold on to your previously held new
age notions of how things will play out.

 You are the one with the history of channeling.  And last I heard, you still
buy into it, in terms of "was it real, or was it memorex" type of thing.  (-:

 Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! "The world is waking up"

 Nice idea, nice fantasy and zero evidence that such an awakening is actually
happening.

 We are currently experiencing another of the innumerable spiritualist
movements the humans manifest from time to time. The last big one was in the
late 1800's with the rise of the Theosophical Society - in fact it was Helena
Blavatsky and her successors Annie Besant and Alice Bailey who laid the
foundations for the current New Age baloney that people love to believe today.

 In fact we as a species are heading into another downturn seemingly. In the
past the logistics of terrain and distance would keep some societies and
cultures intact when others were overwhelmed or imploded, but today who knows
what will happen. All this stuff about a world enlightenment is a very very
fine idea and I wish it would happen, but its pure fantasy.

 I am sure all the true believers will believe it up to the very moment that
storm troopers kick down your door and haul you off. You can offer to get them
initiated into TM while they burn your house.

 The other interesting thing is that the TM true believers all really believe
the "awakening" will occur when most of the world suddenly falls in love with
Marshy and run to get David Lynch's "darshan" (I'd rather smell a dead skunk
myself) and get initiated into TM.

 Meanwhile the New Agers think everyone will be spontaneously floating into
ascension, meaning their bodies become the perfect 4th dimensional template it
really is, the ufo crowd think the "Space Brothers" will come and give us all
kinds of all sorts of marvelous technology that will allow us to have world
peace, end hunger, eradicate illness and so on.

 Nabby must have the most interesting idea of the Age of E where David Lynch
becomes a god of some sort, sort of like Jesus underneath Marshy's position as
God, everyone becomes a TM'er and does TM and of course TMSP will be mandatory
for all and sundry.

 Everyone will do TM except for people like me, Barry, Curtis and Sal who will
all be herded into a vastu veda prison and closely watched to make sure we
don't excape. We'll probably have our tongues cut out so we won't spout any TM
blasphemy that might corrupt the noble Purusha men who will be our guards.

 All the existing buildings will be destroyed to make way for an all Marshy
vastu ved building project that the Movement will get well paid for. All
celebrations of any kind will be replaced with Hindu celebrations and in fact
all religions will be banned in favor of Marshy's superstitious brand of
pseudo-Hinduism.

 Meanwhile the Space Brothers will come down and give us all the techno that we
need and of course Maitreya will appear and institute the New World Order. Now
this will be interesting because to fulfill Nabby's fantasies, either Maitreya
will have to teach everyone TM, or all the TM'ers will have to replace Marshy
as god with Maitreya. What a dilemma!