feste, there have been some comments about it. As far as I can tell, her last
post was on Tuesday, June 17. I hope she's okay and is simply happily engaged
with other activities.

IMO it points to a quality of online relationships and communities that I don't
quite know how to label. That someone could participate so vigorously for so
long and then suddenly disappear and no one know what's happened. For me, it
points to the very real but often unrecognized limits of such relationships and
communities.