Um....

 King is generally a hereditary position and in fact, I recall that Maharishi
emphasized that when he talked about Tony abu Nader.

 In fact, for a very long time,. I was wondering how the heck King Tony was
going to have kids if he was totally celibate.

 And it turns out he wasn't.

 Problem solved.

 Though, of course, his daughters might not qualify to be "king" in the
male-dominated TM organization, and might not want to be ruler of the Global
Country of World Peace even if one or the other DID qualify.

 I rather suspect that Maharishi had some alternate way of selecting King
Tony's successor if he only had girls and/or none of his offspring were deemed
suitable heirs to the throne.

 Maharishi, more than anyone else, would have some sense about how unclear
succession issues can bring about huge fragmentation in an organization such as
the TMO, and given how meticulously he planned everything else, I would be
greatly surprised if he hadn't planned for that eventuality as well.

 Just to follow up, in case there there the possibility of a follow-up implicit
in this question, I have never met either Tony Nader nor his wife. Both were
long after my time in the TMO. I know nothing about either of them than stuff
that's been discussed here or on a Usenet forum called
alt.meditation.transcendental or (in the case of Da King) official TM forums
and press releases. If you stumbled on my name as a budding critic of the royal
couple, I admit that if you searched the Net you might find parodies or
criticisms I've written in the past about them.

 But I really did that because it was such a SETUP, man. I mean, the *literal*
king of TM, presented for decades as celibate and the very personification on
Earth of bramacharya, turning out to have had a wife and kids for all these
years? That's pretty classic, and if I poked fun, I hope you can understand
that I really had no choice. The SETUP was just too compelling. :-)

 That said, I don't really have any strong feelings about the Naders, Mr. and
Mrs. For all I know he might be an OK guy to chat with, if I could get a few
beers and a joint into him before we started. My take on him is that he'd need
that much just to get real. :-)

 But if I were to ever offered the opportunity to sit down and have a
conversation with either of them, it would be Mrs. Nader I'd go for, in a
heartbeat. I know *nothing* about her other than that she's French. THAT, plus
the fact that she managed to find a way to be the Invisible Wife Of A King make
her in my book a *great* person to talk to. I would pay *money* to be able to
chat with her about what it was like to be the Invisible Queen -- just the two
of us, off the record, just shootin' the shit, just giving her the opportunity
to express to *someone* what a long, strange trip it must have been.

 I'd bet she has some GREAT stories to tell. I'd much rather hear them than
ANYTHING her husband could ever say, either on or off the record. Besides,
they'd be in French.