"Scheduled TV" is known as "appointment TV" in home theater circles. You might check for "on demand" with TV service. You could watch HBO at convenience that way. I don't know if HBO GO is available there yet but you could set up an account off the TV service for it too and watch at convenience on your laptop. Showtime has a similar service known as "Showtime Anywhere".

On 08/11/2014 09:18 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

From the land of Turq comes Yet Another Zombie Movie called "Kill
Zombie". This is a a Dutch comedy horror movie about a Russian space
satellite crashing and infecting Amsterdamers with a virus that turns
them into zombies.

How would they be able to tell?  :-)

BTW, I managed to watch season 4 of the US version of "The Killing," and agree with you that it was tremendous (you said "stunning"). Netflix took an original Danish idea and then ran with it. Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman were great as usual, and Joan Allen provided a bit of a surprise in her role.

My family is already out of town on the Spain part of our summer vacation, which I'm skipping. I'll join them in France next week. But for the rest of this week I have the house to myself, during which I have taken advantage of by playing with the TV service that comes with the house, and discovering that I have all of the HBO channels and all of the Sundance/Film1 channels. It's so weird to have these things on my TV and thus have to think about having to watch it to *their* schedule (there is no DVR) as opposed to mine. :-)

Anyway, I managed to watch the first episode of the HBO series "The Knick" -- written, directed, photographed and edited by Steven Soderberg, and liked it. It's a historical medical series, set in the Knickerbocker Hospital in NY in 1900. Good staff, good writing so far. I'll continue to watch it, but I suspect I'll do so as a pirate, so as to never have to worry about "when it's on."

In other TV news, "Ray Donovan" continues to be good, as does "Rectify." I'll finish up watching "True Blood," but am glad it's on its way out. "Manhattan," the series set in New Mexico circa the Manhattan Project, is odd but interesting in its way.

And that's about it for the TV wrap-up. Nothing else being said on FFL interests me at all, so I just thought I'd talk about something that does...