Interesting, I've had occasion to complain about the Oxford street staff
recently. Do write in and let head office know:

 http://www.clarks.co.uk/contactus http://www.clarks.co.uk/contactus

 http://www.clarks.co.uk/contactus http://www.clarks.co.uk/contactus

 View on www.clarks.co.uk http://www.clarks.co.uk/contactus
 Preview by Yahoo

 I always do if a company screws up, if you don't complain they think we
approve and given the lowering of standards in shops generally it's a good idea
to try and save something....

 Supermarkets are the worst though. All their devious little tricks to push
prices up like putting something on discount for a month then reducing the pack
size before putting the price back up and thus netting themselves a 20% price
increase. I don't miss a trick. I hope...

 I was in a Clarks shoe store on Oxford Street today trying on a couple of
options for casual footwear suitable for the heatwave. I asked the assistant if
I could try on a third style of shoe also and she said to me, "I'll just get
them". Then, pointing to the two pairs I'd already tried on, she added, "So,
you'll be wanting to take both of those." I had a moment of slight confusion
but replied, "No, I'll just be getting the one pair but haven't decided which
one yet."

 What was odd is that a few months ago I'd been in another Clarks shoe store at
the other end of Oxford Street in exactly the same situation - two styles of
shoe tried and me ruminating and then me asking to try a third style - and the
(different, male) assistant there had used exactly that expression: "So, you'll
be wanting to take both of those." [Notice they both said "take those" and not
"buy those", which latter phrase immediately brings to mind thoughts of money
going from you to them and so activating an automatic resistance!]

 That can't be a coincidence can it? The same wording in the same chain? If you
look at the expression used - "So, you'll be wanting to take both of those" -
at a surface level it comes over as a question: "So, [will you] be wanting to
[buy] both of those?" but surely it's actually an *embedded command*: "So, [you
will be wanting] to take both of those" - which is how our subconscious absorbs
it.

 The use of such sneaky methods has been popularized by the spread of NLP
methodology. I felt pleased with myself for spotting this one but I wonder how
many more I must be falling for every day.

 There is another possibility however. One day this FFL message may be used in
court proceedings as clear evidence of my descent into paranoia and will see me
forcibly sectioned under the Mental Health Act . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbfqCO8XBI&amp;list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA&amp;index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbfqCO8XBI&amp;list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA&amp;index=1