re: filters, that was my conclusion, too, based on the four seperate images.
yep, as far as quakes, most of them are tiny, and felt, but aside from
something small possibly affected, the aren't a big deal. Had cracks over all
the doorways, and in a lot of the corners, in my last place - plaster over wood.

 I knew the guy that developed the basics of Google Earth, and his first funded
apps were for military use - He showed me "flyovers" of Iraq, a few years
before the first US invasion. The CIA has been using tech companies openly,
even funding startups, since the mid-90's, though I noticed they have stopped
talking about it. I figure what they allow us civilians access to, is always 20
plus years behind the bleeding edge.

Or perhaps they take three photo's in rapid succession with filters over the
lens and then combine them to give one true colour image. That seems
plausible....

 Nothing felt here, about 60 miles SE of Napa. Of course it WAS 3:30 AM or
so...No damage either.

 That's good, my sister probably didn't notice it then. She hates Earthquakes,
I tell her that North California is a pretty dumb place to live in that case.
I'm sure the locals just shrug them off.

 PS Sal, got your response about the Bayer lens re: sat photo of plane. Thanks
for the info and reply - As others have said, the scrolling function is busted
on neo, so although I saw it earlier, when I tried to revisit, Yahoo has
decided that free forums with unlimited scrolling eat too much RAM, and I
couldn't reply.

 It's more an idea really, I've never seen an effect like it on terrestrial
based gear, but they do use a filter over the sensor that breaks light up into
its component parts so each bit can be registered seperately and get put back
together for a picture, so I'm guessing that's the cause but not entirely sure
how it ended up like that.

 I would like to see what sort of camera they use and how big the sensor is
etc. but I think google Earth pics are ex-military stuff so they might not want
to divulge the info, they still won't let anyone see what the camera in the U2
looked like!

 a little shake rattle and roll here is a wake up about 3:20 to an earthquake
centered centered about 10 or 12 miles from here.

 How bad is that Bhairitu, cracked walls? Fissures in the pavement?

 Some structural damage and loss of power to 8000 homes. I think it was
magnitude 6.