Thanks - Glad you liked it.

 Excellent post Macncheesy - it proves what a superstitious git the Old Goat
was.

From: "fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2014 10:47 AM
Subject: Quotes on celestial life by MMY (was Re: [FairfieldLife] Movie Time)

 Dear Richard,I met with Bevan here in NYC a couple of weeks ago. Part of our
time was spent discussing Maharishi's extensive writings. I have, what I
believe is, one of the largest personal libraries of his words. Just talking
with Bevan about Maharishi's Books of Knowledge was inspiring.

As to Craig, I helped proof his The Supreme Awakening (and also informed him of
Maharishi's comments on that genre). In turn Craig has been providing Sources
from his research.

Enjoy the fairfielders!

dannyboy

 Good morning, Dan, when you reply, please click on that grey msg in the lower
left of the screen that says 'show msg. history' or something like that - then,
the previous posts will show up under yours.

 Anyway, when you mentioned a personal library, I recently came across a post I
saved from FFL, in 2011, with many quotes of Maharishi's, pertaining to
celestial life. There were many taken from the Bhagavd Gita commentary, and
SBAL, which I have left out, as I am quite certain you have those. This is six
pages, or so.

 The first one, "The Glow" addresses the question often posed here, about the
possibility of other life in the universe, and then some.

   The Glow
 1959
 Maharishi: We see before us great extension of the universe, so many worlds
here and there. We begin to wonder whether man like us or beings or life exists
in those parts or not. The almighty creator wouldn’t create anything without
meaning.
 So, what is spreading in this unlimited universe is different innumerable
strata of creation. We could describe it in short: gross strata of creation,
subtle strata of creation. Gross strata of creation means where earth element
is predominant. Subtler strata of creation where water element is predominant.
And in the creation where earth element is predominant there would be millions
of worlds pertaining to millions of strata where earth element would be
predominant. Predominance of earth element means from 50% to 100% earth
element. And other 50% other four elements. So predominance of earth element
means innumerable strata ranging from 99% and then coming on to 50%. There will
be innumerable worlds where the earth element will be predominant.
 Likewise there would be innumerable, innumerable worlds representing different
strata of creation where water element is predominant. Innumerable worlds like
that representing different strata of creation where fire element would be
predominant. Like that where air element would be predominant and like that
where akasha tattva would be predominant. This is the whole extension of the
universe, unlimited, unthinkably big, extended to – we could say – infinity.
 The creation where the akasha tattva is in predominance is in this field the
subtlest field of creation. And because all this field is the field of glow,
all the creation that there is, the body and all that is there – the body of
the people who live here, the beings residing here, their bodies are celestial
bodies, made of all light, that glow which you experience in your meditation.
The whole creation is of that glow. The houses that are there, they are built
out of that glow material as we on earth having earthly bodies make use of the
earth to build our houses; they make use of that celestial matter of which
their bodies are made – glow, made of all light. Nearest to imagine would be
houses built out of glass bricks and the man made of that glass – all
celestial. This is the field of celestial body, celestial life. This is the
field of Gods. All the innumerable Gods, the stories that we hear, come from
this field. Somewhere in the creation there exists a world of celestial life
and that is that field where akasha tattva is in predominance.
 When we say that there are worlds of different intensity of life, gross and
subtle, then even our experience of meditation shows that there is within us
that field of glow which we are counting here to be the world of celestial
life. That you have experienced within yourself, when the Mantra goes and you
get to the most subtle state of vibration, that field of glow, and that within
yourself, which is the field of celestial life.
 In its pure state it might be existing in some part of the universe, but again
in its pure state it exists within us as a particular subtle strata of our own
existence. And therefore by getting in tune with that more and more we get
directly tuned to that field of Gods in different strata of the universe.
 You have heard the saying that all that there is in the universe is within
man? And that is it. The subtlest strata of our existence, that state of glow,
that we experience, is the field of God. And from there comes to us the direct
communion with those celestial Gods. And this is what Christ said, ‘the Kingdom
of heaven is within you’. Certainly it is somewhere in the universe, the life
where there is no suffering, no sin, all happiness and bliss – in its pure
state that celestial life of heaven exists somewhere in the universe, but apart
from that and in addition to that, it exists within ourselves also. The more we
get tuned to it, the more we become like it, more celestial, more powerful.
This through your practice, you know by your own experience.
 And those who have not experienced that glow, don’t try to experience it.
Trying it won’t come! We don’t have to try to get on to that. The most natural
way is just start on the Mantra and take it as it comes, then go and come and
go and come. Naturally you become used to what is there in all these fields.
And naturally you begin to feel that which we call that field of akasha tattva
or the field of the glow and then the Ananda (Joy) that lies at the basis of it.

 It Is The Authority Vested In That Body That Makes It Incarnation
 Bad Mergentheim, 1964
 Maharishi: Incarnation [Avatar] – it is the authority which is of value. How
much authority is vested? The body of the Incarnation – it could be at any
level of creation. Maybe in the gross level of creation or subtle level of
creation. Maybe earthly body, maybe aerial body, maybe fiery body, maybe
celestial body, any body. But it is the authority vested in that body that
makes it Incarnation.
 Now Incarnations have their own purpose and have their own authority, as I
said.
 Maybe 10% authority of the God, 50% authority of God, 90% authority of God,
100% authority of God. And when it is 100% authority, 100% God, then it is
said, the body of that God is not in the relative field. It is not out of these
tattvas. It is neither earthly, nor fiery, nor anything, nor celestial – nor
even celestial. It is the Absolute that solidifies into that shape, and that is
the representation of 100% of God.
 Other Incarnations are maybe 80%, 70% etc. But each Incarnation has a
particular duty to perform, at that time. The purpose of [an] Incarnation is to
re-establish the misunderstood path to liberation.
 Lord Krishna, when he came, he is 100% Incarnation of God. What he brought to
the world was [Bhagavad] Gita. Such a perfect teaching was given out by that,
who was a perfect Incarnation of God, we say God, the almighty God: This is the
story of Incarnation, the principle of Incarnation. There have been other
Incarnations, they had their teachings, and their teachings on that particular
channel had been exemplary. They brought out the path to God realization in a
direct path.
 As far as the whole of life is concerned, the whole of life – relative and
Absolute and all the aspects of relative – the whole was given out by Gita, as
spoken by Lord Krishna.
 You said it rightly, the devotee is bound in his own authority, and the
Avataras are also [bound] in their own authority. But the status is different;
even so this feature is common on both, that they are bound in their own
authority. But the status is different, because the devotee or a man who rises
to God Consciousness, his body is earthly, he has gained that status. Whereas
the status of an Avatar is different. He is the absolute authority. He is the
authority manifested. Avatar will be the authority manifested.
 A devotee is, we could say, devotion manifested. Now there will be a
difference – authority manifested and devotion manifested. A great difference,
a very great difference in the status. The devotee lives for his God, the
Incarnation lives for his purpose. There is a difference. Avatar or Incarnation
lives for his purpose, devotee lives for his God. A devotee is concerned with
his life. Avatar is concerned with the life of the whole. Avatar, Incarnation,
has the cosmic purpose before him – devotee has before him his God.

 Bad Mergentheim, 1964
 Maharishi: God we find is someone, not something, someone who presides over
the Absolute and the relative at the same time. That almighty who presides
over, who governs the field of Absolute and relative, under whose influence
does this world exist, this world was as it was, is as it is, will be as it
will be, under the influence of that almighty which is the presiding deity of
the Absolute and relative, both fields of life, he is God.
 He is someone which is mysterious – something other than the Absolute and
other than the relative, yet commanding the Absolute, pervading the relative,
is the existence of God, is the power of God, is THE God.
 (He repeated this point many times with various phrasing, including “God is
more than the Absolute”, especially when questioned further on it.)

 Bad Mergentheim, 1964
 Maharishi (pointing to a diagram of the deepest levels of the relative): Some
God here, someone in the relative field, some God [Devata], angels and then
highest type of angels, some almighty being in the relative field, who have the
existence in the celestial field of life, in heaven, we could say.

 That is the head of the entire creation of manifested, relative order. Someone
here, some God, who may be ‘he’ or ‘she’… the real overlord of creation, the
Godhead of everything.

 Incarnations [Avataras] belong to that field or they belong to that authority
which overrules, which is the Godhead, they represent Godhead. So these
Incarnations are the expressions of God. And the purpose of these Incarnations
is to re-establish law and order. And what for? In order that the process of
evolution may go on unhindered.
 When in some area people begin to do mischief, go opposite the path of
evolution, do something wrong, go against Dharma, then some Incarnation comes,
restores law and order by means of education, and maybe sometimes punishment
also, whatever is needed for that particular occasion. [They] establish the law
and order, establish the path of righteousness, establish this Transcendental
Meditation. It has been from time to time, and [they] give a direct way to
liberation. This has been from times immemorial, ever since the creation was
created.

 Bad Mergentheim, 1964
 Maharishi: All are capable of receiving, depends upon towards whom we face.
And generally the creatures here in this section, they face this God and they
face this God; because each have their own tendencies, likings and dislikings,
their own particular nature. Like that, some people like sugar more, others
like salt more, others like pungent more, others like sour better. These are
different five types of creation. So the celestial field has to have one God
for each. These are the five presidents [Pancha Devatas], and we have one
parliament.

 In the long time of history, times have been such that they have been found in
the house of the other. They keep on going and consulting one after the other.
And when one went to the other, he praised him like anything… In all these
prayers of these Gods what we find is: ‘You are universal and You are all
transcendental and You are absolute and You are full’. So even when Gods have
been praying to some other Gods at times of some difficult situation in the
universe, then they have prayed each other. Everyone has prayed everyone else
as the supreme and most supreme God – we say God, authority, parliament.
 Indian religious history records what happened in what part of the universe.
And when the whole Dharma was at stake, and then that God went to that God, and
he prayed and so many of his whole retinue followed him, and they sit and they
make a council, and then each other agreed and then they come out with some
solution.
 And this is pertaining to the entire cosmos. For those who can’t conceive life
in the whole cosmos and can’t see like that, this is like the children stories,
like that. But this has happened in the long history of life in the cosmos.

 Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Maharishi: When Brahma the creator began to create the world, Lord Shiva began
to weep. And he said to Brahma ‘Why are you creating? All these creatures were
asleep fast and they were in Bliss and now you are bringing them out to be
miserable in life. So better stop creation’. And then Brahma said ‘Don’t weep,
because it is a bad omen to weep. It is a very good time for creation. It is to
enjoy and not to weep. (Otherwise) one creates a bad omen.’
 And when Lord Shiva saw that Brahma is not stopping and he keeps on
continuously creating – and creation means bringing out all those creatures
which are sleeping fast in their own ignorance and putting them to their fate
in life – Lord Shiva said ‘Alright I’ll create a world, I’ll create a special
place in your own creation, where people will not continue in the cycle of
birth and death. So they’ll get liberation when they die there.’ So Benares was
created by Lord Shiva. And he sits there in that temple and anyone who dies
there, he (Shiva) whispers the wisdom and one gets enlightenment and no more to
come back.

 Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Question: Could there be animals found in the celestial fields?
 Maharishi: Lord Shiva rides on a bull. And Vishnu rides on something like a
peacock. This is being their – like horses for man-tamed animals. And their
world being of celestial nature, all that is there has to be celestial. All
that is there, absolutely, so even these animals.
 Question: These would be real intelligent beings?
 Maharishi: Oh yes, highly.
 Question: Which category of animal is that? They must have a higher developed
nervous systems than man, those celestial animals?
 Maharishi: There is a crow and that is eternal. It doesn’t leave its body, it
said: ‘No, I will maintain this body. In this body I got liberation, I got this
wisdom’. He got enlightenment in the body of the crow. There he sits somewhere
in some world. It is a crow. And many saints and sages and angels go, whenever
they have the doubt about the God and doubt about the reality of life, they go
and converse with him, and he says: ‘Yes, yes, yes’.
 Question: The mythologies of other cultures also seem to have the experience
of these regions. In modern times the idea has come that it is all superstition
and blind faith, and all that.
 Maharishi: Basically the truth is the same. The reality of every culture is
just all this knowledge about life, life in different spheres of life.

Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Maharishi: Bhagiratha was responsible to bring the Ganges from heavens [to
earth]. He was in meditation for sixty thousand years [to be able to do so].

 Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Maharishi: When the waking state of consciousness behaves in the celestial
field of life – when the celestial life begins to dominate in the waking state
of consciousness, then this present waking state of consciousness experience of
this and this naturally is transformed in the light of celestial life, that is
the God. It gets on the level of consciousness itself – consciousness of the
waking state seeing this and this and this. Consciousness of the waking state
seeing that celestial God, much more profound, much more beautiful, much more
fascinating, much more laudable.
 That laudability of the celestial level of life overthrows the importance of
this, this and this. In the consciousness is held fast that celestial level of
life along with the absolute Being. And that celestial level of life is almost
one with the absolute Being. The difference between the gross relative and the
Absolute, the big gap between the gross and the Absolute, becomes minimized. A
very slight difference, and almost no difference. Then that is God
Consciousness, which is 100% absolute Being with the celestial field of life –
celestial and absolute Being.

 Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Maharishi: Each Chhandas has a deity to it. Gayatri–Chhandas has the Gayatri,
has that form of the mother, a particular form, a particular nature and all
that. Every Chhandas, every impulse has to it a deity of the celestial field.
And from there, as the manifestation takes place further, then the world of the
deity, and then gross, and gross, and gross. Each Chhandas, each impulse, has
as a close association to it a particular deity, and that is in the celestial
form.
 And that deity again has a world of his/her or its own, whatever it is. And
then the grosser than that, and the world. This is how these Chhandas’s form
the basis of creation.

 There had been demons and all that, and they have been fighting all the time.
They didn’t know Him [Krishna]. And many having known said: ‘Come on, I’ll
challenge you’. They had the pride of challenging the omnipresent. They enjoyed
in that. Some played with him, some fought with him.

 Kumbha Mela, 1966
 Question: Even the Gods are doing tapas, it is said in the scriptures?
 Maharishi: When the demons defeat them, then they run into tapas. It keeps on
happening. Sometimes the demons do great tapas, and they become powerful, and
they raid. Many times it has happened in history. Then Brihaspati, the Guru of
the Gods, has so many times advised them: ‘They [the demons] are very powerful,
and if you are not doing tapas, you are running away and hide yourself in the
caves. Don’t go to face them. They will defeat you.’ So they run out and they
hide themselves in the cave, and then do the tapas, and when having done tapas,
then they come out and then they fight. Whosoever [does] tapas is increased.

 Squaw Valley, 1968
 Maharishi: Gods are needed to take care of the whole situation [of Creation].

 Arosa, 1974
 Maharishi: There must be someone to breathe out the knowledge when it is the
time for the seed of knowledge to sprout. And it sprouts through the words of
Narayana.

 We should say the wisdom of life was passed on by Lord Narayana to Brahma. And
then Brahma passed it on to Vasishta. It came from Master to Master. We should
just hold Narayana as the first exponent of reality, the custodian of wisdom of
life. And it is that wisdom which through Brahma expressed in the whole
creation. And Vasishta cognized the reality of the whole creation.

 Maharishi’s Press Conference, November 6, 2002
 Maharishi: A very, very interesting thing. Last month when the world press
came out with the picture of a bridge between India and Sri Lanka – a thirty
kilometer bridge was built by the army of Rām for Rām to go to Sri Lanka. This
bridge was created by the army of Rām.
 [Maharishi describes the world map and location of the remnant of an
underwater bridge between India and Sri Lanka discovered by NASA aerial photos]