Just depends my man.  Probably not. ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 Wow, man!Stevie, I have had 6 cars stolen. Can you "intend' them back?

Please. Especially the new red one. A real chick-magnet (and thief magnet, I
came to find out).

 The mystical experiences that I have had, that fall into the more practical
realm have to do with the power of attention, or maybe that would be the same
thing as thought waves.
 And again, I can't prove anything about them, nor do I care to.

 Specifically, one instance had to do when my car was stolen.  It wasn't the
first time a car of mine was stolen, but in this case, I really needed/wanted
to get it back, and I was able to hold on to this thought, that I want the car
back, sort of demanding, really.

 But still, I have learned, that if you have a desire like that, you must not
hold on too tightly to it.  You need to just let it reside below the surface,
and have a slight, but steady intention.

 Maybe this is analogous to sunyaman.  No idea.  That never entered in to it.

 But I was not surprised when the phone rang, and it was the police, telling me
to come and get my car.

 Again, I have had other events like this, but this one stood out for me.

 Again, it was just a subjective thing, that can't be proven.

 Thanks for your other comments.

 What I find, nothing short of remarkable, is that twice, as I said, I visited
dermatologists.  In both cases they gave me some topical ointment as samples.
These were tiny samples, and I would keep them going as along as I could.  I
don't know why I never got a prescription, but the colloidal silver worked
nothing short of a miracle.   Really, I still don't believe it.

 On a philosophical basis, I don't think I could ever limit myself to just what
science has discovered so far.

 Does anyone actually do that?

 First, we know, that changes on a daily basis.  But I have too many
experiences that I would classify as mystical to feel the need to benchmark
them against whatever science has been able to explain.

 But when I have experiences that I feel defy explanation it makes me even more
determined to find the explanation. At first I accepted the Hindoo dogma about
transcendence but now I'm not so sure, it fits in with too many similar types
of altered states.

 I do think that meditation research will play a part in the great unravelling
of how the mind works because it involves changing perceptions and from that we
will see what part of the brain does what element of subjective experience.

 Science is the search for explanations. And there can be good or bad ones, the
bad ones tend to raise more questions than they answer, it all depends what
type of explanation you are content to live with.

 And one of the funny things is, that these experiences have had many practical
benefits. Not just the gazing out at the ocean type thing, feeling the wonder
of the universe type thing. (-:

 If you don't feel the wonder of the universe you would make a rather poor
scientist because you would have no inspiration but it's. I find it interesting
that the meme of the scientist as dull and incurious still lives on!

 coming in late on this, as I mentioned before, I had a patch of psoriasis just
below my knee for twenty plus years.  Ann sent me some colloidal silver and the
first thing it did was dry that patch up.  I then continued to apply it,
although less often, and it has completely taken the patch away.  My knee shows
no sign of it, and I've stopped applying the ointment.  In fact the little one
or two oz. container Ann sent me is probably more than half full.
 And of course, my athletes foot had a little flair up, and after a couple
applications, that has gone as well.

 That is so great Steve. I will add this to the testimonials when I sell this
to my customers. But Sal will accuse me of selling snake oil. Still, although I
have not rigorously scientifically tested the product on hundreds of psoriasis
cases it appears it worked for you so I can tell them that and they can take
their chances on it working for them. Too bad Sal only considers those things
that have been confined to a laboratory somewhere and scrutinized by people in
white lab coats for years valid or trustworthy. That feels so limited and
limiting.

 During that twenty year period to treat the psoriasis, I visited doctors who
prescribed ointments that virtually did no good.

 One the other hand, if I had a serious ailment, I would straight away go for
an allopathic treatment.  I have seen (or heard) of too many people with
serious ailments get side tracked on useless approaches, only to die in short
order.

 On 08/22/2014 12:12 PM, Share Long sharelong60@... mailto:sharelong60@...