On 8/25/2014 8:25 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Do you think anyone is going to take issue with your personal experiences, or your personal opinions?

I guess he figured you would just revile him the way you do me, Barry and Curtis if he were here.

The way I figure it is that some people have a big guilt trip and just want to share their guilt. Some people feel better when they have someone to talk to. But, nobody forced anyone to do anything that I'm aware of. Believing, or not, in human flying or levitation seems to be not so important in the the larger scheme of things. All they wanted to do was be spiritual teachers. The real issue is hypocrisy, as Judy used to say, and the blaming of others for their decisions. Go figure.

*From:* "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Monday, August 25, 2014 9:17 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: What Gullible Fools We Were

Nice Share Edg.
But what's with all the "sue me" stuff.

Do you think anyone is going to take issue with your personal experiences, or your personal opinions?

Plus, I always figured you for the "I'm not the one who gets sued, I'M THE ONE WHO DOES THE SUING, type thing. (-:

How did I respond to the TM posters announcing the siddhi program? I cringed. By the time they came out, yeah, hey, I'd had some nice "spiritual" experiences, I was making book at the Napa center wherein THREE PERCENT of the folks were initiated in a couple years flat. Yeah, the earthquake Napa. Population 50,000 back then.

And then that poster came out.

At first, I was indoctrinated enough by the "six monthers" who came to the Berkeley center and SAID THEY SAW PEOPLE FLYING. They said stuff like: "This is the course we've all been waiting for. This is the course to take you to enlightenment." Etc. And I believed. Yes, I fucking did.

So when the poster came out before I got the siddhis myself, ya'd athunk that Mr. True Believer here would be buzzed to do that Trotakacharya trip. But it was a bitch going around putting posters up, even though I was slurping the Kool-Anand-Ade...mostly. (The gig was paying me enough to run the center and eat at Baskin Robbins three times a week, ya know? It was a dream job for a hippy in VAST DENIAL. Ha!)

But, let's put the whole confessional on the barrel top: after eight months rounding in Europe, after 1500 initiations, I was hesitant to even put up the posters that merely had Maharishi's 3x4 inch photo at the top -- up until "then" we had these other photoless posters. The Merv era being what a boon it was, yet still I was shuddering to represent the selling of the siddhis. It was a challenge to me even though I'd had good experiences, was sold out, was hauling in 50 pounds of puja fruit a week, and yet still I knew what I was up against as I asked each shopkeeper for permission to put up the poster. Got about 70% "no" and it just totally sucked.

See? I still didn't want to be a ninny to these strangers, these shopkeepers, these spiritual NOBODYS, heh, but there I was: I needed them to help me spread a religion, so I was miserable postering the town.

Sue me.

And note that after all my great TM shit, I still had not had any magical psychological transformation into a saintly presence, and there I was pretty much being a shuck and jiver in my own eyes -- at the least for presenting myself as a teacher of any "ken" when there I was stuck in the relative yet still. Very stuck. And I had to have about three dozen serious whacks by REAL LIFE to finally stop meditating. Stop all of it, except reading books about Advaita very very very slowly with a lot of thoughts processing it all.

You? I don't know what almost any of ye are doing? Out of the closet you buggers....see me above? What a hide-from-reality twit I was.....it's not that painful to admit now after decades, so yeah, I'm getting off easier than some of ya who might have been a whole lot more dedicated to evolution from the get-go and thus: you've hard wired you nervous system to produce "correct thinking"....mostly.

But OUT!  Out out....now!

Heh.

And as long as I'm riffing:

Ya know, I think it's a fucking shame that we don't give two shits about Judy who may be dead in her apartment somewhere, but we don't -- after a decade -- know her phone number. This is the TMO -- taught us to suspect everyone as non-enlightened and unworthy -- to avoid intimacy -- while elevating Fat Fuck, Egg-head Fuck and Raja Fucks on golden pedestals.

Signed,

Edward Fucking William (aka Edg) Duveyoung -- come at you TMO fuckers -- take me on for slander -- I'm in the phone book and y'all is insane.

        • Re... Duveyoung
        • Re... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... jedi_sp...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808