 They fired the Alameda County geologist after he accurately predicted the Loma
Prieta quake.  Like I said yesterday quakes have a propensity to occur around
high tides because of the gravitational pull.  This was researched by Russian
scientists.  The only problem is at this time we have no way of knowing which
fault is ready to pop.

 Interesting. Gravitational pull or weight of water at the high tide? Don't
suppose it makes much difference, I imagine it will always be the science that
you really don't want to try and be definite with.

 Just as well we don't live near Jupiter though...

 Are Earthquakes Encouraged by High Tides?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1022_041022_earthquakes_tides.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1022_041022_earthquakes_tides.html

 Are Earthquakes Encouraged by High Tides?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1022_041022_earthquakes_tides.html
 A new study indicates that very high tides are linked with substantial
earthquakes along Earth's continental margins. Does the theory hold water?

 View on news.nationalgeographi...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1022_041022_earthquakes_tides.html

 Preview by Yahoo