I think you've amply displayed classic Judy traits in this discussion thus far,
so yes, I agree, no need to keep at it. ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 In other words Sal, you're going to take your ball, and leave because you
didn't get your way.
 There must be a good British term for this.

 And what would "my way" be in  this case? There aren't any proven uses for it,
only anecdotes. The only plus I can see is that I might end up looking like a
cyberman. You are welcome to keep using it if you find it effective.

 Maybe you'd prefer it if I became the bastard son of Judy and argued on and on
and on and on about it until every point has been trissected a billion times
and we've all forgotten what we were talking about in the first place...

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 Only one of those references mentions the concentration of silver, and it is
450 PPM.

 But other references from the Google search term " Colloidal Silver risks"
claim there is no known safe limit as peoples resistance varies. The general
thrust I got is that as there are no proven medical uses it isn't worth the
risk. I feel no need for it (other than for taking less time to dress up for
nightclubs) so I shall happily save my money! YMMV

 Unfortunately, there's a lot of flat out wrong information floating around
with respect to making CS, and that results in people like Stan Jones and Paul
Karason smurfing themselves with concentrated silver salt soup because they
used tap water or added salt. There are also commercially available silver
products in the hundreds and thousands of PPM range. The true observable
science is that ingesting silver in large quantities will cause argyria. But,
just because large quantities of silver cause argyria, doesn't mean tiny
quantities cause it.

 Distilled water has very low conductance, typically around .8 to 1.2
microsiemens, so properly made CS takes a long time to brew. I make a gallon at
a time, with large flat electrodes, and it takes more than 12 hours to run a
batch. My finished CS measures around 20-22 microsiemens; if it were 450 PPM,
my conductance meter wouldn't even be able to measure it. My generator is one
of the more sophisticated ones, with current control and auto-shutoff, and
units like these are well worth the investment. Sure, you can make CS with a
pair of silver wires and three 9v batteries, but you're running blind, and the
people using such crude setups tend to be the ones who use impure water or
added salt. The subject in the dermatology journal was no doubt one of those
people: "He was able to obtain plans for a simple battery-operated chamber
designed to leach silver from pure silver wire. He ingested approximately 16
ounces (~ 450 ml) of 450 ppm colloidal silver three times a day for 10 months."

<no_re...@yahoogroups.com mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

<sharelong60@...> wrote :

 Salyavin, actually I did google on silver before I bought it. I even asked the
store clerk about the grey skin possibility. She informed me that they use it
all winter long on ear aches for their kids. Plus my Dad had been saved by it.
So...

 Such is my kind of science.

 Here's my kind:

 The FDA has concluded that the risk of using silver products exceeds any
unsubstantiated benefit [3]. So far, eleven cases of argyria related to silver
products have been reported:
 A 56-year-old man who had sold and used colloidal silver for three years,
developed blue/gray discoloration of his fingernails accompanied by a very high
blood level of silver [4]. A married couple who had three years of daily
consumption of a drink prepared by administering an electrolytic charge to a
bowl of water that contained a silver bar [5]. Another couple had been taking a
silver-containing "dietary supplement" prescribed by a naturopath [5]. A
mentally ill man who had been drinking silver-containing herbal tea for about
10 months [5]. Stan Jones, Montana's Libertarian Party candidate for the U.S.
Senate, who reportedly started taking colloidal silver in 1999 for fear that
Y2K disruptions might lead to a shortage of antibiotics. He made his own
concoction by electrically two silver wires in a glass of water [6]. Two men,
ages 63 and 76, developed argyria after a year of product use inspired by
Internet claims [7]. A 16-year-old boy developed blue-gray pigmentation of his
entire body after ingesting a silver-containing dietary supplement for a year.
The product, packaged so that it was identical to bottled water. was touted as
a preventive for everyday infections [8]. A 58-year-old man who treated a
presumed kidney infection with a home-brewed colloidal solution 12 times a day
for 4 days developed argyria about 4 weeks later [9]. A 38-year-old man
developed argyria after ingesting approximately 16 ounces of 450 ppm colloidal
silver three times a day for 10 months to treat his arthritis and other
conditions. He made the solution with a simple battery-operated chamber that
leached silver from pure silver wire. He had obtained the plans from
information on the Internet [10]. The photograph to the right shows how his
skin color compares to that of normal skin.
 [3] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8632503?dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8632503?dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8632503?dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8632503?dopt=Abstract

 Systemic argyria associated with ingestion of colloidal silver [eScholarship]
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3

 http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3

 Systemic argyria associated with ingestion of colloidal ...
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3 Systemic argyria associated with
ingestion of colloidal silver Akhil Wadhera MD and Max Fung MD Dermatology
Online Journal 11 (1): 1...

 View on escholarship.org http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/0832g6d3
 Preview by Yahoo

 I think these dudes with argyria look really cool. Ought to save a fortune on
fancy dress costumes, but you are kind of limited to going as cyborgs...

 Text and links from:

 Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

 http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

 Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit Stephen Barrett, M.D. Colloidal silver
is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal...

 View on www.quackwatch.com
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 As usual, you pays your money and you takes your chance....