Dang! Somebody should have averted the danger before it arose.

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] UK the poorest state in America?

Now how can that be what with all the North Sea Oil out there?

I watched part of the Scottish Independence Debate last night - interesting,
didn't think I would hear so much talk about nuclear weapons on Scottish soil.

You probably know more about it than I do. My big worry is that if they leave
we'll be stuck with the Tories for ever because their vote always goes to the
left and it's a big lot of seats in Parliament to lose.

Everyone else's big worries are having to move our nuclear submarine bases in 4
years and losing the north sea oil revenue. The oil has been going down for
years and the nuclear move will probably bankrupt us. If we lose the nukes we
lose the UK's seat at the G7, so no more influence on world affairs for us.
These can be seen as good things but it seems like an awful lot of time and
money gets wasted so the Scot's can get rid of English laws.

Mind you it will probably bankrupt them too because we share a national
passport office and tax collection etc, just setting up their own
infrastructure like that will cost a fortune and they really can't keep the
pound in case we have to bail them out.

But they do want to keep the Queen as a head of state, I say we send them all
up there permanently! Serve em right!

I'm starting to think the whole thing would have been easier if we'd given them
a bit more self rule like they wanted in the first place. Who is going to pay
for it all? We're financially fucked but probably no more than the US really.

May you live in interesting times!