On 8/27/2014 9:37 AM, wgm4u wrote:

Thanks Rick-That link didn't work (for me) but here it is on Youtube. I think Yogananda truly was a God-man and I think he knew about ALL the techniques of meditation, including TM or mantra-japa. He teaches Kriya which works directly with the prana or life force, not indirectly like TM. It is more difficult but more reliable in the long run, IMHO.

We were members of the SRF before starting TM in 1967 and were frequent visitors to the Mt. Washington center in L.A.. The meditation is very similar to TM practice and includes the use of a mantra called the "hong sau" as well as being aware of the sound current. It is a reliable yoga practice but I seem to be more attuned to my TM technique, probably due to the benefit of direct contact with teachers like Jerry Jarvis and MMY - which seems to have added the requisite /shakti/ element to my program.

Awake: The Life of Yogananda Official Trailer 1 (2014) - Documentary HD <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyLkg3uDe1c>

image <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyLkg3uDe1c>

Awake: The Life of Yogananda Official Trailer 1... <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyLkg3uDe1c> Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h Subscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUn Subscribe to INDIE TRAILERS: http://goo.gl/iPUuo Li...

View on www.youtube.com <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyLkg3uDe1c>

Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... wgm4u