 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Word to Buck about TM Suicides - Was Maharishi: As
we take care of ourself, the world will take of itself for us on that level

"I'm
starting to feel really sorry for anyone with mental health problems in
Fairfield, it seems like you'll be going further down the rabbit hole
rather than away from it."

Oh my! No, no, no Salyavin! You are totally and utterly wrong! You are an
outsider and don't know what is going on in the Home of All Vedic Knowledge in
America. TM Stars-in-the-Eyes Share informs us that the TMO ITSELF is handling
these things very nicely thank you! And Uncle Fester tells us she's right and
us outsiders don't have a clue.

Here is the real deal.

Schneider's basic approach is to listen to the person talk about their
problems, tell them to think sweet thoughts, read the Hindu scriptures and do
TM.

This is absolutely irresponsible garbage to offer this crap as a
way to assist people with real mental problems. His bottom line is transcend
and that takes care of everything.

IF THAT FUCKING WORKED, LONG TERM TM'ERS WOULD NOT GET DEPRESSED
OR COMMIT OR ATTEMPT TO COMMIT SUICIDE.

MJ, your logic is impeccable.

Unless there is another cause, like too much lead in the water (or in the
herbal supplements)

Seriously though, it seems that if it isn't part of the way ayurveda sees the
world (everything being a balance of doshas) then it has no place in the
movement, so all they are left with is variations of the familiar theme that
got them nowhere in the first place. Mental health is so much more complex than
that. They may be right that anxiety causes a vata imbalance but not the other
way round and they leave out vastly too much that is known about mental health
problems and their causes in the quest for convergence with their own ideas.

I'm particularly worried about the reading scriptures bit. That's just a bit
too fundamentalist for me, might be a comfort blanket for a TB though. But as I
say, a good chat will be enough for a lot of people to find a bit of solace
whatever the strangeness of the underlying beliefs.