On 09/02/2014 01:53 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

Seems to me that the only way this could have happened is the Pakistani gangs were paying some of the top officials to look the other way.

No, they wouldn't need to do that. It's more a case of people not believing the girls (or not wanting to) or them not even telling anyone. More are coming forward all the time now they know they'll get a sympathetic hearing from the police, which wasn't always the case with sexual abuse cases.

But if it ever comes to light that anyone did take a bribe....

Not much else makes sense. If something like that started to happen around here, I guarantee the parents of the girls would have taken matters into their own hands - of course there are fewer restrictions on gun ownership here so....

Another reason to be thankful for our gun laws, we'd have had many a bloodbath on the streets.

We haven't had bloodbaths either save for some folks where drugged out of their mind on pharmaceuticals. But we also have bankrupt cities where police response isn't so good so folks may feel the need to have their own protection. And if you get a bunch of terrorists wandering across the border then those guns may well be put to good use. This is why, though being very liberal, oppose banning guns.

        • Re... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldL... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808
      • Re: [F... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]