Sal on Evolution: Just a theory? There's no "just" about it. A theory is an
idea that hopes to explain a set of data points. Evolution by natural selection
has no contrary evidence and has a well understood method by which it works.
You can test it by the fossil record, DNA and some of Darwin's experiments. It
explains all complexity in life and all adaptations that any animal has. Life
on Earth is descended from one cell, I think that's one of THE major
discoveries.
 I think a lot of the problem people have with it is that it isn't explained
well enough at school or in the media. Not enough to really get to grips with
how it works. But it's the class leader in terms of explanations which is why
everything else has to fit in with it. Ray: Absolutely it is class leader in
explaining much of what we see.  But to call it complete, to call it the final
word on human evolution, I must disagree.  I don't think we have the definitive
evidence, especially in this regard. Sal:
 High tea of course old chap! But I'm foreswearing the cakes at the moment due
to an expanding waistband. Earl gray only this week. Ray; My God, do I see some
similarities.  In the winter, I always have some Earl Gray, or English
breakfast tea, before I start out.  But always with some heavy cream and honey.
 And yes, issues with an expanding waistline.  I take way too many of my
calories on sugar items.  But, I've been able to hold steady, even if its at a
higher weight than I'd like.