OK, it was kinda inevitable that *somebody* would come along claiming to be
able to pass along Maharishi's messages from beyond the grave. I'm surprised
that it hasn't happened before now.

The thing I'm confused about is how anyone who claims to believe that *by his
own standards and according to his own teachings* Maharishi was enlightened
would be *interested* in hearing a message from him after death. Or how such a
person could even consider such a message a *possibility* if Maharishi was
really enlightened.

In being open to such a promised message possibly being for real, you would
have to believe that Maharishi was NEVER enlightened. If he was, *according to
his own teachings*, after an enlightened person dies, there can be no
individuality left to send such a message. "The drop has returned to the
ocean." That means there ain't no drop (or personality construct, or self)
known as Maharishi out there any more. Just ocean. Last I checked, oceans don't
send messages to guys in showers, including the shower guy's dead wife in on
the conference call. And if they do, they don't sign them, "Maharishi."

I heard Maharishi give the talks surrounding this point many times, and they
were often controversy-provoking, with people standing up to the microphone and
saying, "No, Maharishi, that *can't* be how it is, that if you die in CC there
is no more 'you' left and you never have a chance to attain GC or UC."

And *every time* someone did this, Maharishi would "correct" them and say, "No,
there is NO chance of individual personality continuing to exist after an
enlightened person dies. They are already Absolute, and when the relative body
falls away, all that is left is Absolute -- no personality, no self, nada. Game
over, man." OK, he didn't say "Game over, man," but he did pretty much say all
the rest, as many teachers here on this forum know.

And the thing is Jerry Jarvis knows this better than anyone. He perfected the
art of parroting Maharishi's talks on this subject, and I heard him give the
same speech many times -- "There is no individuality after an enlightened
person dies, and no possibility of one existing." So if Jerry has actually come
to believe that "messages" from Dead Maharishi could possibly exist, what does
that imply?

Well, as far as I can tell, it implies one of two things -- an either/or
situation. To believe that this George Hammond guy *has* actually received
messages from a Dead Maharishi, Jerry would have to believe that either 1)
Maharishi's teaching on this subject (which he had parroted many times) was
WRONG, or 2) that the teaching might be correct, but that means that Maharishi
was never enlightened.

If any of you out there are actually in touch with Jerry, ask him to resolve
this WTF quandary for me.

I mean, I could understand someone who has never spent any time around
Maharishi or never even met him (like Jim, Judy, or Lawson) not knowing what
Maharishi's teachings were about the impossibility of individuality after death
in CC. But Jerry? I've heard him parrot those teachings, and in that "I *know*
the Truth so you *really* should believe me" tone of voice he used to use in
lectures.

So if he is willing to entertain even the *possibility* that these "messages"
really come from a now-dead Maharishi who still has individuality, what does
that imply about what he (Jerry) now believes? Was the teaching wrong, or was
it right, and Maharishi just never enlightened?
  • [FairfieldLife] "Ni... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]