*ESPECIALLY* if it's a cougar eating a fawn!

 I gotta say that in my version of paradise, there are a lot more predators and
far fewer landscape-preying prey. Any tree that we want alive has to be
surrounded by welded wire fence. And, with the recent explosion in the bunny
population, the lower half of each deer fence now has to be wrapped in chicken
wire. The tree-killing varmints are seriously out of control out here... might
have something to do with the collapse of the coyote population. The last time
I saw coyotes in the back yard was a few years ago, and they were mangy little
runts, about half the size of what they usually are. With the current abundance
of bunnies, perhaps the coyotes will make a stunning comeback.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I have a trail cam set up now, and will place another one today, further down
in the wild area of the property, where I found a deer clearing. The trail
camera detects motion, and will take either photos (10 MB), or video (HD), of
wildlife, day and night. There are bobcat tracks on the property, so I am
hoping for a shot one of these nights. So far, there is a doe with two fawns,
and a bunny (jackrabbit) on film. Our neighbors have also seen cougars,
rattlesnakes, and bear, in the vicinity, but thankfully not often. We also get
a lot of turkey vultures riding the canyon updrafts, near sunset - really
pretty. Another day in Paradise.

 Please post anything interesting you capture. Even if it is a cougar eating a
fawn.