From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:50 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Rapid City, ND sees earliest snowfall since 1888.

You're out of date, Billy, it's no longer called "Global Warming" nor even
"Climate Change".  It's now "Climate Disruption." ;-)

And call it what you like, it’s a global phenomenon. Deniers only show their
ignorance when they point to a specific, isolated weather event. Globally,
temps continue to rise, despite local variations. You have to look at the
overall global average.

Another jaw-dropper was a comment made a few months ago on Bill Maher’s show by
some guy defending genetic engineering. He claimed that we’ve been doing
genetic engineering for centuries by breeding better varieties of corn, etc.
That’s like comparing a campfire to an atomic bomb.

I think that conservatives are ultimately doomed unless they begin to recognize
scientific findings instead of marching in step with corporate and religious
propaganda. I suppose there will always be numbskulls who will do that, but
unless we’re all destined to perish, they will be increasingly marginalized and
irrelevant.