 From: danfriedman2002 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:11 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Rapid City, ND sees earliest snowfall since
1888.

 Good Lord, WGM! In one short post, you have committed the ultimate blasphemy
against Nabby, Buck, doc, dan, feste, sri, steve and Share's religion as well
as utterly dashing their hopes for redemption, if they had the good sense to
pay attention to you.

 The part about Marshy's made up dog and pony show not coming from GD was the
worst blasphemy of all.

 Dear Mike,
Thank you for pointing all this out. I, of course missed WGM's Post, as I'd
told him I wouldn't bother, so he shouldn't either.
But it seems like he has, and you provided a summary for "Nabby, Buck et al).
Some piece of work. Both you guys, I mean it.

The two of you managed to get EVERYTHING WRONG in so many words. I'll help with
a few, but don't think I'll attempt to bother you too much with the facts.

First you begin with: "the ultimate blasphemy against Nabby, Buck, doc, dan,
feste, sri, steve and Share's religion as well as utterly dashing their hopes
for redemption". TM is not a religion, if Maharishi had wanted to start a
religion he would have done that instead. Also, The Vedic tradition is not a
religion but a system of knowledge based on direct experience. [I can recommend
some great reading from some religious authorities who can explain this better
than I, if you care to delve further].

Next you've got WGM 'blaspheming' with: "The part about Marshy's made up dog
and pony show not coming from GD was the worst blasphemy of all." Of course my
religion has no place for blaspheming, but I don't expect you to know anything.

Which leads me to WMG's wrong-headed commentary, following yours. WMG's first
paragraph concludes: "I don't think it came from Guru Dev.". So, although WMG
has this fact very wrong, at least he had the good sense to couch it as his
opinion only. So, at most I can say that WMG's opinion is dead wrong. I have
researched these sets of facts in collagboration with the West's leading
authority of the works of Guru Dev. My contribution was to find the linkages
between these Great Teachers.

WMS's assertions from that point forward, i.e."whereas in practice most people
won't even transcend fully ONCE in their lifetime! Hence his idea that TM would
bring about all of Patanjali's 8 limbs of Yoga as a *result* of practice is
poppy cock.

He even let slip in his Gita translation (such as it is) that the eight limbs
of Patanjali's Yoga were meant to be *means* to Yoga and not *ends* (read it
for yourself in the appendix under Yoga)." ARE WITHOUT EXCEPTION FALSE. I never
wanted to bust WMG's bubble, as he seems so vested in repeating this assertion,
OVER AND OVER AGAIN, but just repeating it don't make it so.

Even in 17 Point typeface.

So remember: watch the company you keep because life is too precious to piss
away and, stop making shit up. I think if you start with these two guiding
principles you'll be OK.

   MMY used hyperbole to promote his ideas, understanding that and your
question will be answered. I think MMY even believed his own rhetoric, he made
up TM (a good beginner program, don't get me wrong) but I don't think it came
from Guru Dev.

  I think MMY believed transcendental conscious could be obtained in a few
years, whereas in practice most people won't even transcend fully ONCE in their
lifetime! Hence his idea that TM would bring about all of Patanjali's 8 limbs
of Yoga as a *result* of practice is poppy cock.

 He even let slip in his Gita translation (such as it is) that the eight limbs
of Patanjali's Yoga were meant to be *means* to Yoga and not *ends* (read it
for yourself in the appendix under Yoga).

            • ... danfriedman2002
            • ... wgm4u
              • ... Duveyoung
              • ... wgm4u