It sounds like Dennis knocked over your birdbath, again, Mr. Wilson - Darned
those pesky kids!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I've been working on taxes today and had to delay continuing with the book,
but the clarity is welcome after the lax mental sprawl that has become FFL of
late. Harris really has a gift for organising material. If you have gotten to
the part in the 'self' section about using a transporter, I presented this
argument to an initiator some years ago, and the response was, 'No I would not
go into such a device'. Perhaps you could review the book here on FFL, not that
the most of the current crowd has much capacity for grasping the arguments.

 I've been away in Amsterdam for a bit, but while there found this book myself.
I'm enjoying it a great deal.

 Not having read Sam Harris' books before (only many of his online articles or
interviews), I'm finding that I really like his writing style. And not just the
clarity of it...I really like the *rhythm* of it, the *flow* of it. I get the
feeling that he "shoots from the hip" in his writing, a lot like I do. That is,
he catches a wave of inspiration and rides it, allowing it to take him where it
will. Sometimes that kinda writing works, sometimes it doesn't. So far, Sam's
surfing is working just fine for me.