M: I did miss what you wrote before, so thanks for repeating yourself a bit. I
always enjoy your nature connection writing. I still have a bit of the
meditation junky in my in that I can enjoy 15 minutes just sitting in silence
with eyes closed. But you live in a more easily accessed natural environment
where IMO you are plunged into everything meditation gives you just by walking
out your door. For me I have to plan immersion like that. I get a taste of it
by feeding birds on the balcony I grow herbs in pots. But nothing compares to
the kind of natural world you are able to soak in. Great life choice. I would
like to pull that off someday myself.

Meditation has the quality in its essence that I reach in the middle of the
Potomac on my kayak, so I am glad I can rappel inn regardless of circumstances.
My usual time is when I have been driving to a gig around our wretched Beltway
video game death challenge. It is really great to be able to close my eyes for
a few moments and then let it all go so that I can perform from a more flowing
version of myself than the teeth clenched guy who has made it through the
gauntlet. But again your life choices have shielded you from that. I need an
urban market to support my life in the arts right now. There has to be a lot of
cream in an area for a kitty like me to get enough to live on.

Thanks for articulating what I sense are some excellent life choices on where
to live and how to really enjoy it.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Curtis writes (in part):

I figure I am as enlightened as I need to be to pursue my own goals and the
self chosen purpose for my life. Hard to get me excited with promises of more
inside. Whatever internal state I have seems to do the job nicely, the bigger
task of my life is actualizing it in creative work out here. That requires eyes
open.

 I couldn't agree more.

M: It does sound like this is how you are living these days Ann. Or maybe you
went through MIU with more of this perspective than I did and it just took me a
while to figure it out for myself.

I don't know about that. I was a pretty naive twerp back at MIU. But I do know
that what you wrote in that small but significant paragraph speaks completely
into where I have found myself living my life, and not so much through choice
but through a sort of natural inclination. I don't know if you read some of my
posts with regard to this lately - about lack of guru, about my solitariness
(by choice) as a young person taking long walks in the damp and the rain and
the winter and through forests and finding myself happy there, breathing deeper
there. There is so much in the world, from the dirt under my feet to the mutt
or two lying at my side ready for some sign of love given or ready to give love
back, that I feel I would be missing out with eyes closed. There is just so
much goddam cool stuff everywhere and to miss even one hour of a chance to find
out exactly how cool is reason for regret in my world. You know, we carry
around this supposed infinite aspect of Being within us all the time, my
philosophy is take that and combine it with what is going on in the world that
we inhabit and see what results. For me, sitting with eyes closed is too much
an indulgence in some way, too self centered. Take the awareness out there and
take a chance, even if it means you fall on your face or crash through the
sliding glass door. Propping oneself on one's derriere for hours at a time
thinking about nothing is just not what this body was really created for, IMHO.

    • Re: [FairfieldL... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfi... danfriedman2002
        • Re: [Fa... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • Re:... danfriedman2002