On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> When you think about it
> isn't all spiritual seeking
> a lot like those bumper stickers
> that start
> "I'd rather be..."

*So, you don't have all the answers.*

> Wherever they'd rather be
> whatever they'd rather be
> driving or sailing or doing or being
> it isn't here
> and it isn't now

*By "they" you must mean other "souls", but do they have a soul separate
from your soul? Or, are they part of your soul which is part of the one
over-soul? They must be somebody, or are you projecting that they are not
your own self?*

*So, many questions, Barry - so few answers. *

> Whereas what they're really seeking
> is
>
> :-)

*So, what you are really seeking is the answer to a riddle: we are born, we
all live and die, and are reborn again. The question is: WHY? Why would
anyone have to repeat endlessly a life full of suffering? Or, as Sam Harris
puts it: karma is the motive force driving the material world of the senses
in an endless cycle.*

*This leads to other questions like: "What is the purpose of life and does
life have any meaning? Other than the brief pleasure of the possession and
smooth things.  *

*Or, "what is the mystery of consciousness?"*

*Why do people have to die? Where do we all go when we die? Do we have a
soul or a "Spirit" that does not die when the body dies? *

*And, do we go anywhere - maybe our "self" is just annihilated upon death,
never to exist again. Or, what if the soul or spirit lives on in another
dimension or in a parallel universe which is eternal?*

*>*