Tragicomedy in one scene: One Hyperbole Over the Line

"Rhoda darling did I tell about eating my cereal this morning."
"You told me yesterday David, and the day before and the day before."
"No but today it was even more amazing! At first the milk and organic blueberry
pomegranate enhanced,seasonal dosha balanced ayurvedic Maharishi granola burst
onto my tongue like a thousand swans taking off from a lake of bliss, and
then..."
Gunshot is heard off camera
"Rhoda? Rhoda...well as I was saying, and infinite number of..."

And scene.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

Run Forrest, Run!

 (Laughing) This whole thing reminds me of a bowl of sugar smacks. Far too
sweet to be good for you and leaves you feeling quite unwell afterwards but
while eating it you have to sort of laugh because you know it is really a
cereal meant for children and here you are indulging in a bowl of the stuff.

 But seriously, was that a parody by David? Do people still speak like that in
the Movement?