On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] <
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I am not sure why this is a big deal. The renter would have insurance if
> "a lot" of the chairs burned up and so might the venue where the fire
> occurred. This just seems like a funny story to me. It doesn't really
> imply anything to me other than that no one seemed to be thinking straight
> at the time or the story was misconstrued in some way.

*It not difficult to see this thread as just another excuse for the
informants to abuse women. Everyone knows this whole thread is meant to
offend Ann and Share. Some informants will use any tragic incident if they
think it will help them win a religious debate. Where is Judy when we need
her?*
*>*

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :
>
> I'm remembering the story of what happened after a fire in which a lot of
> rented chairs were burned up.  Maharishi told someone to ask the renter of
> the chairs ""how much would be the cost of the chairs -- since they are
> used and old.....must be a lower price than new...."   like that.  Never
> told about the fire.
>
> To me, that kind of "normal business deceit" stuck in my craw -- even back
> then as a true believer.
>
> Seeing how the movement screwed so many people in so many ways, the
> present report seems hardly significant enough to add to the history.

  • [FairfieldLife]... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... danfriedman2002