 Richard, good insight, thanks. Do you and Rita practice any form of physical
self defense?

We have both taken numerous self-defense training courses over the years.
According to my martial arts teacher, "We have a way of not realizing what is
occurring within our own minds in moments of heavy stress. This helps to
explain why we so often tend to yield to irrational responses in the face of
such threat - responses that a knowledgeable opponent will use against us."

'Zen Karate'
By Randall Bassett
Warner Books, 1975
p. 146

 On Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:16 AM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 On 9/20/2014 1:29 PM, jr_esq@... mailto:jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife] wrote:

   Although he knows kung fu, Keanu Reeves merely talked to an intruder in his
house to subdue her as he called 911 for help.  He may not know it, but he
definitely has a siddhi to influence people in very trying circumstances.

 Self defense begins in the mind and is greatly a function of our awareness of
the surroundings in the outside world. Our ability to control the content of
our mind under stress and our ability to remove ourselves as a "target" by our
behavior. Many teachers of self-defense only give lip service to mental
preparation and spend more time discussing physical tactics. Self defense is as
much mental as it is physical.

 https://tv.yahoo.com/news/keanu-reeves-subdues-home-intruder-143800562.html
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/keanu-reeves-subdues-home-intruder-143800562.html

  • [FairfieldLife]... danfriedman2002