Can you believe the level of desperation to believe? This is the kind of
vacuous brain waste TM leads to.

________________________________
 From: "Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Holy Man Claims He Has Not Eaten Or Drank
Anything In 70 Years!

But salyavin, both air and sunlight were going into holy man's body. Maybe one
or both sustained him.

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:46 PM, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

Salvy seems to be a "science fan" and
may not work in a scientific field.   Those of us who do work in
scientific fields know  there are many unanswered questions.
Remember at one time "authoritative science" believed the world
was flat.  I think some people feel more secure if they align
themselves with "scientific thought" even if some of the theories
later prove to be wrong.

You think metabolism is so poorly understood that we've overlooked the fact it
isn't necessary to eat? I'm amazed this conversation has gone on for three
days, I would have thought that most people here would have worked this one
out. There must be a need to believe here that's been previously untapped.

A friend who is an Indian MD said they had a yogi come to the
hospital who claimed he could stop his heart.  The staff was
skeptical but allowed for a test and indeed the man was able to do
it.  To reduce the need for food or water can be accomplished by
reducing the metabolic rate to a dangerously low level.  Yoga, in
it's advanced state, can give us control over the autonomic
nervous system.  That's also how the ayurvedic mantras work.

A genuine non-sequitur, being able to lower your heart beat isn't the same as
stopping it forever or not eating forever for that matter.

So you think a low metabolism can mean you don't need to eat at all? that's an
extrapolation too far. At least you put the word "dangerously" in there so
there's some awareness.

Then there is the "placebo effect" which is not well understood
and one might be able to "manifest" the nutrients needed with
practice.  Probably sounds like "hogwash" to the peanut gallery
but they're fun to tease anyway.

Placebo effect manifesting nutrients? No wonder this conversation is dragging
on! I think you need to hit the books old chap. The placebo effect  can make us
feel better in a lot of ways but it's more about how we attribute cures to
drugs instead of to our own bodies. It isn't anything to do with magical
happenings ie; creating nutrients out of nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.
Energy doesn't get created. With nothing going in, nothing comes out.

The body is a complex system that requires energy to run, the claim here is
that there is some magical form of energy from nowhere that removes the need
for food. I call BS.

PS the placebo effect is real, no need to put it in quote marks.

On 09/23/2014 09:05 AM, Share Long sharelong60@... [FairfieldLife] wrote:

>Jeez,
salyavin, I had plenty of science education both
in high school and at Univ of Maryland! And I'm
living my life, not giving it up for anything...

>On
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:54 AM,
salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote :