From: George Hammond
Sent: Sep 21, 2014 11:25 AM
Subject: The Concerns Expressed to You

Dear Jerry,

In light of the concern some of your friends are kindly expressing on your
behalf, I'd like to emphasize a few things we've already discussed:

1) The Explanations Maharishi wants me to convey are designed to dispel the
fears many of his teachers have developed.  These are not in any way designed
to make any organizational change in the TM Movement or its leadership.  They
are also not in any way designed to give instructions to any individual.  No
one is being asked to "listen and follow" or anything of the kind.  Each
individual may hear, or not hear, these Explanations, and may do, or not do, in
his or her own life whatever he or she thinks is appropriate afterwards.
Maharishi is not interested in making anyone else's decisions for him.  But he
is very interested in sharing these Explanations because he is convinced they
will dispel the unnecessary fears his beloved teachers are experiencing.

2) One reason Maharishi has taken the unorthodox approach of conversing with me
like this, which he fully admits he strongly downplayed when he was physically
alive, is that there is no other way to reach his teachers while they are still
alive.  And he is concerned, if they die afraid, that that might spoil their
attraction to meditation and to improving their consciousness for some time to
come, which is a tragedy he wants to avoid.  That is his main motive for making
an exception to his general rule about sticking to normal modes of
communication.

3) That said, unlike how some people are representing this, Maharishi is not
being "channeled".  I did not speak with his "ghost".  I was neither dreaming
nor having a "vision".  I had a normal conversation with Maharishi.  I was wide
awake at the time the original conversation started and I stayed wide awake
during the entire time.  This has been true of all our conversations since the
original conversation as well.  None has occurred during my dreams and none can
even remotely be characterized as either visionary or channeling.  It is simply
that the mind we knew well as Maharishi is of course not dead.  And he is still
just as recognizably unique a personality as he was during his life from
1918-2008.  I do not claim that I spent anywhere near as much time with
Maharishi as probably thousands of others did.  But I did spend time with him,
and I know him well, and I am confident no other being could fool me into
believing that being was Maharishi.  The "feel" of Maharishi's mind is so
unique that it would take extremely subtle acting ability on the part of any
being to pull off even a half-convincing impersonation.  As just one example,
Maharishi's unusual sense ofhumor would be very hard to duplicate and his humor
has had ample opportunity to be expressed throughout our conversations.

4)  As you know, several attempts were made to contact the TM Movement's
leadership starting soon after the original conversation with Maharishi on
January 2nd.  At that time, Maharishi did want those leaders to organize the
presentation in the Dome on February 2nd.  When that proved not feasible,
another option was proposed for July.  But Maharishi's requirement that his
Explanations be given only once and recorded and not given again, for the
obvious reason that more than one version would produce endless nitpicking, was
found to be too high a hurdle for the TM Movement's leadership to approve the
use of the Dome, for the also obvious reason that whatever would be said in the
Dome would most likely be construed as authorized.  Given the competing
reasonable positions, Maharishi proposed a solution that retained his one-time
only requirement without asking his TM Movement's leadership to take such a
leap without knowing the content.  That solution was to have the presentation
at a neutral site and the TM Movement's leadership could determine after the
fact whether Maharishi's Explanations were of any value or not.  That is why no
one is expecting the TM Movement's leadership to attend the 30th November
presentation, or is claiming that they will.

5) This "one-time only" requirement should also make it clear that since the
Explanations will then be complete, my task as delivery boy will also be
complete after November 30th.  I have neither been asked by Maharishi to take
any position in the TM Movement, nor do I have any interest in doing so.  And
nothing has occurred since January 2nd that has changed my mind about that in
the slightest.

So all that is being asked is that John and the other leaders wait until after
the event to determine whether the Explanations were very useful or ridiculous.
 And I am confident that they have both the wisdom and the forbearance to wait
the few more weeks remaining in order to hear the Explanations before rendering
their judgments.

George

  • [FairfieldLife] Jerry... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]