 On 10/01/2014 12:22 PM, danfriedman2002 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 On 10/01/2014 09:11 AM, danfriedman2002 wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 And now they're talking about water rationing or how much water you will be
allowed to use per household.  We'll all be walking around smelling to high
heaven because we haven't been able to take showers or clean our clothes.

 The alleged conspiracy behind the weather manipulation to keep California in a
drought is so the evil bastards can own the water industry.  After all that is
supposed to be next thing, owning the water supply.

 Bhairitu,

 You are right on the money.

 Shhhhhh!

 My daughter is counsel for a London-based Litigation Partnership. She does a
great deal of pro-bono for indigenous and other South American populations.

 The issue is always the same. Private Ownership v Public Ownership of
resources. Cases have involved water, oil, land and, yes, soccer.

 She has never lost a case to either Corporation, Private interests or Corrupt
Government.

 She spends more time at The World Court than at home.

 I am very proud.

 Very good.  There's a movie that deals with called "Sleep Dealer".  It used to
be available on Netflix streaming but I rented years ago on BD when we still
had Hollywood Video.  I liked it well enough I bought a copy.  Also a recent
James Bond film had the antagonist as a crook who wanted to take over water
systems.

 The CEO of Nestle's doesn't think that water should be a right.  They've
bought ArrowHead in California and I noticed a new truck this morning downtown
distributing  Nestle's PureLife water.  Too bad too as Nestle's has dropped
HFCS from a lot  of their products.

 We don't need big corporations.  It's all because the neo-Napoleonic plans of
the CEOs and the support of their stockholders.  This is a terrible flaw with
publicly held companies.  If they don't try to build empires the stockholders
ask why not.  Obviously I'm not a big fan of capitalism.  I worked for a fun
and successful software company but once it went public the fun went away.

  I love James Bond! Read all of Ian Fleming's Bond books and a few subsequent
Bonds. Even some of the movies worked (kinda role model).

 I live in the vortex of neocon free-market ideology, and neoliberal economics
The Corporation deals with it with great insight.

 As for enjoyable (?) entertainment, I recommend Forbrydelsen 1-3, I got it
from a Dane blond (or is it blond Dane?) at a wine bar a coupla nights ago.

 You do realize that Forbrydelsen was remade as "The Killing" on AMC and most
recently a season 4 on Netflix?  It takes place in Seattle and those of us who
lived there get a great laugh at the show.  They should send the writers down
there from BC for a couple days or a week.

 Yes.

It's a pity that the original series has not played in the US either on Netflix
or Hulu.  I suspect some stupid rights issue by the execs at AMC.  I noticed
DMCA takedowns on a foreign show that FOX has licensed for a remake.  FOX did
license the original "The Bridge" season 1 for Hulu and apparently season 2
which was accidentally available for a couple weeks last May.  It is supposed
to run after this upcoming final season 2 US episode of the US version.  I
don't know why as season 2 of the US version took an entirely different story
arc.

Worried mother detective and druggie sidekick. Just OK.

Bhairitu,

Let me remind you again. DO NOT LET CORPORATIONS DETERMINE ANYTHING TO TO WITH
YOUR LIFE. Let them die on their own.

  • Re: [FairfieldL... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... danfriedman2002
        • Re... danfriedman2002